Katy Perry wasn't kidding when she sang, "You're gonna hear me roar." The pop star wowed America during this year's Super Bowl halftime show, which included appearances from Lenny Kravitz and Missy Elliott.
Let's just start with the fact that the halftime show was basically a mini Katy Perry concert. The multiple costume changes, stage set-ups, special effects, choreography, and everything in between ... Katy is the champion, and we heard her roar.
Check out all the reasons Katy Perry's Super Bowl Halftime Show was a roaring good time:
1. She rode in ON A LION. She basically looked like a lioness queen up there.
"I AM KATY, HEAR ME ROAR."
2. Lenny Kravitz sang "I Kissed A Girl" and things got a little ... FIERY. And we're not just talking about Katy's outfit.
3. Speaking of outfits -- Katy went through FOUR costume changes! She adorned herself in flames, beach balls, a giant zip-up jacket with her name on the back, and last but not least, stars (or fireworks?).
4. Two words: DANCING SHARKS.
5. Two more words: BEACH BALLS. Welcome Katy Perry's Teenage Dreamland.
6. MISSY ELLIOTT magically appeared and performed nearly all of our favorite Missy throwbacks. Get your freak on, INDEED.
(Side note: Did anyone else notice how AMAZING Missy looks?!)
7. Finally, by the powers of dancing sharks, daisy dukes bikinis on top, and Wingardium Leviosa (that's Harry Potter talk for all you muggles), Katy FLEW ... IN THE AIR ... LIKE A FIREWORK! (See what she did there)
That Katy Perry -- what a gal.
Check out more photos from Katy Perry's Super Bowl Halftime Show below!
Photos: Getty Images