Wednesday night (November 4) marked a huge night for country music, considering all of the biggest stars in the game showed up for the 2015 Country Music Awards. If you missed out on all the action, iHeartRadio has you covered with all the must-see moments from the big evening, including star-studded performances, show stopping outfits and a few bits that come courtesy of live television. Check them out below!
1. Host Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood used the show’s opening monologue to call out all the major things happening in pop culture in the last year. It included mentions of the over popular man bun trend, “babe” Caitlyn Jenner and, of course, Blake Shelton. In the middle of their monologue, the duo spoke about the breakup “that rocked our world,” before cameras panned to Miss Piggy and Kermit ... with a wink and shout out to Blake at the end. We see what you did there, guys.
2. Brad Paisley stripped down to his boxers in hopes of taking a “naked host selfie,” because in Brad’s own words: “Miley sets the bar, we try to meet the bar.”
3. In the most patriotic, American show-opening ever, Keith Urban and John Mellencamp teamed up to perform Mellencamp’s 1983 hit “Pink Houses,” before Urban moved on to his hit “John Cougar, John Deere, John 3:16.”
4. Little Big Town made waves with their hit song "Girl Crush" and that momentum continued on at tonight's ceremony when the foursome took home the first award of the night: Single of the Year. "This is about being brave and being bold," Karen Fairchild said during the group’s acceptance speech, which alludes to the song’s gay agenda. "Country radio, thanks for having the guts for playing it."
5. While the 2015 Country Music Awards were (obviously) about everything and anything involving country music, pop titan Justin Timberlake appeared at the ceremony alongside newbie Chris Stapleton for a duet performance of the classic, "Tennessee Whiskey," before making their way into JT's own "Drink You Away.” This wasn't just an all-star performance between some talented musicians, but almost like an intimate jam session between old friends.
6. Keith Urban fanboying over Justin Timberlake and Chris Stapleton’s performance. The precision with which he was filming it on his phone is unmatched by anyone.
7. Brad Paisley performed “Country Nation” and turned the stage into mascot heaven! NCAA mascots from all over the country joined Brad on stage to bust a move in the bleachers.
8. Pentatonix made a special appearance and performed a quick (but still AMAZING) cover of The Oak Ridge Boys’s “Elvira.”
9. Country and pop/rock worlds collided mid-show when the Thomas Rhett and Fall Out Boy took to the Nashville stage for a collaborative performance of “Crash And Burn” and “Uma Thurman,” which even included a batch of back-up dancers. Now you tell us when's the last time you saw FOB or Thomas even involved in any sort of choreographed performances. Good looking, fellas!
10. Jason Aldean’s performance was on fire -- no really! LITERALLY. ON. FIRE. The pyro during Jason’s performance as not only on stage … it was all up his MIC STAND. How are you supposed to sing into that thing?!
Photo: Getty Images