(NEWSER) – Breast implants and airline nuts factor into the weirdest crime stories of the week:
- Now in the Running for Worst Air Traveler of the Year: That would be Jeremiah Thede, 42, of Berkeley, Calif., who authorities say got out of his seat 15 minutes into his Saturday flight from Rome to Chicago—despite the "Fasten Seat Belt" sign being lit—and demanded nuts for a snack. Then he allegedly stood up and demanded more. From there things spiraled into a debacle that cost United an estimated $550,000.
- 16 Police Forces Called to Bloody Wedding Brawl: A wedding reception in Berks County, Pa., turned into something resembling a regional police convention when officers from 16 forces turned up to deal with rowdy guests—including the groom, who spent his wedding night in jail. The reception reportedly turned ugly when one partygoer confronted a mother about her drunk 14-year-old son. Then things got crazy.
- Cops: Woman Needed to Get Something Off Her Chest: She might have gotten away with it if she weren't acting so nervous. Airport authorities in Colombia detained a suspicious-acting 22-year-old woman for questioning and soon learned that she was trying to smuggle something into Spain via her breast implants—something liquid.
- Family Flees Dream Home, and Its Creepy 'Watcher': A New Jersey couple says the $1.3 million dream home they bought in Westfield a year ago came with six bedrooms, a sprawling lawn ... and a creepy stalker, who the owners say began sending threatening letters three days after they took possession. One letter, signed by "the Watcher," asks, "Have they found out what's in the walls yet?" The creepiness doesn't end there.
- Telling a Friend to Speed May Be Pricey Mistake: Hayley Meyer admits she encouraged friend Brandon Coleman to speed down a 25mph road in Riverside County, Calif., in 2009 because the dips were fun—advice that may have caused Coleman to lose control and smash into a parked SUV at about 70mph. Tragedy struck, and Coleman paid the price. Years later, Meyer may have to, too.
Click to read about more crazy crimes.