(NEWSER) – A British teen who was found collapsed on the landing outside his room at a children's home last August died from using too much spray-on deodorant, the Telegraph reports.

"He sprayed it all over himself and succumbed to the effects of the gas," Kent Online quotes the coroner as saying. A doctor says 16-year-old Thomas Townsend died from "circulation collapse caused by butane gas inhalation." The cause of death came to light at an inquest this week, reports Metro.co.uk. “He would not take showers but would stand there with a deodorant and spray half the can on him," says the teen's mother. "Then he would spray aftershave to cover up BO."


Photo: Getty Images

Read the full story on Newser.com