2015 was a great year if you are a sports fan. It started with an epic Super Bowl showdown between the Seahawks and the Patriots, and wrapped up with an amazing run by the Golden State Warriors.
In between, American Pharoah finally ended the Triple Crown drought, the US Women's Team won the World Cup, and Ronda Rousey finally lost a fight.
1. For some reason the Seahawks decided not to hand the ball off to Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson throws an interception in the end zone handing the Patriots another Super Bowl Victory.
2. After 37 years, there was finally a Triple Crown winner. American Pharoah became the first horse to win the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness Stakes, and the Belmont Stakes since Affirmed did it in 1978.
3. The Colts ignited a firestorm when they complained about under inflated footballs during the AFC Championship against the New England Patriots. Instead of celebrating another trip the Super Bowl, the Patriots were dogged with questions about whether or not they cheated by deflating footballs. Tom Brady was suspended for 4 games, which was then thrown out by a judge.
4. After years of back and forth between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. the fight of the century finally happened. Floyd Mayweather defeated Manny Pacquiao in 12 rounds by unanimous decision.
5. Ronda Rousey spent much of 2015 riding high as the undefeated UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion. She made a habit of quickly dispatching her opponents in seconds. But, that all came crashing down at the feet of Holly Holm in UFC 193. Holm connected with a vicious kick knocking Rousey out in the 2nd round, ending her unbeaten streak and title reign.
6 Serena Williams had an amazing year, but the story everybody will remember is her shocking upset at the hands of unranked Italian Roberta Vinci. Vinci ended Williams hopes of winning the calendar Grand Slam when she shocked the world beating Williams in the semifinals of the US Open.
7. The Golden State Warriors had an amazing year. After finishing last season with a franchise best record 67-15 and winning the NBA Championship, they started off this season going 23-0, breaking the NBA record for consecutive wins. As 2015 comes to a close the Warriors are looking to break the Bulls all-time record of 72-10. Plus, who could forget Riley Curry's adorable press conferences.
8. After 16 years the US Women's National Team got back to the top of the soccer world with a 5-2 win over Japan to win the World Cup. Carli Lloyd stole the show with a first half hat trick, giving the US all the offense needed to win.
9. After coming up one game short last season, The Kansas City Royals beat the Mets to win the World Series. The Mets made some noise int he post-season led by Daniel Murphy who was a home run machine. But, the Mets offense was cooled down the Royals who beat the Mets in 5 games. Two of the games were decided in extra innings, including the clinching game 5.
10. Jordan Speith took the golfing world by storm in 2015. The 22-year-old won 5 events, including 2 majors and is the #1 ranked golfer in the world.
Photos: Getty Images