This episode details the medical approach to thyroid nodules. Topics include:
• 60% of the U.S. population has thyroid nodules
• Discovered when evaluating other neck issues such as an unrelated pain
• What happens when you are told you have a thyroid nodule?
• How to know if your thyroid nodule is cancerous?
• When is surgery done despite the nodule being benign?
• Decreasing patient anxiety with quick biopsy results
• The American Thyroid Association as a resource for patients and physicians
• A word of caution about sourcing medical information from online resources
Dr. M Regina Castro is an endocrinologist in Rochester, Minnesota and is affiliated with Mayo Clinic. She received her medical degree from Central University of Venezuela and has been in practice for more than 20 years. Dr. Castro accepts several types of health insurance, listed below. She is one of 78 doctors at Mayo Clinic who specialize in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism. She also speaks multiple languages, including Spanish and French.
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
Bob Saget's Here For You
BOB SAGET’S HERE FOR YOU is a podcast that is like no other— For one, this podcast has guests who are friends of Bob’s, or just really interesting people who many of you know and love. Secondly, this podcast is unique because it goes inside Bob Saget’s mind, and then quickly filters out through his mouth. Bob has a way of calming people he has conversations with as well as being entertaining and often informative. Bob talks with his guests with genuine empathy and humor, while reaching his unusually diverse audience that he talks to as a friend, Bob is the dad with great advice, the irreverent funny guy who’s always there when you need a laugh, and the free-associative Bob who goes off on crazy tangents then returns to the subject at hand, as serious or as comedic as it may be, to wrap up each episode in a way only Bob can do. Because he really does believe, “He’s here for you."
Current and classic episodes, featuring compelling true-crime mysteries, powerful documentaries and in-depth investigations.