In 2006, Ben Nemtin and three childhood friends started The Buried Life: a list of 100 things to do before you die. For every item on the list they accomplished, they helped a stranger cross something off their bucket list.
Ben has crossed off 93 including write a New York Times bestselling book What Do You Want to Do BeforeYou Die?, make a TV show, be interviewed by Oprah (who called their mission “truly inspiring") and play basketball with President Obama (who said Ben is an “inspiration for a new generation”).
Today, Ben shares what inspired the bucket list quest, its impact on millions to thrive personally and professionally and the practical steps you can take to create your bucket list today.
BEN NEMTIN'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? Naivety.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? Mugs from when my grandfather was in the war.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? President Obama.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? The truth will set you free.
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Slow down and smell the roses.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? What do you want to do before you die?***
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
Stuff You Should Know
If you've ever wanted to know about champagne, satanism, the Stonewall Uprising, chaos theory, LSD, El Nino, true crime and Rosa Parks then look no further. Josh and Chuck have you covered.
Fake Doctors, Real Friends with Zach and Donald
You know what's long, tedious and boring? Surgery. You know what isn't? This new podcast! Join Scrubs co-stars and real-life best friends Zach Braff and Donald Faison for a weekly comedy podcast where they relive the hit TV show, one episode at a time. Each week, these BFFs will discuss an episode of Scrubs, sharing behind-the-scenes stories and reminiscing on some of their favorite memories from filming. They’ll also connect with Scrubs super fans and feature beloved show cast members for exclusive interviews.