New York Times calls Sebastian Maniscalco “the hottest comic in America".
With sold-out comedy shows, hit television specials and interviews on all the major late-night talk shows, Sebastian's distinct style of stand-up comedy has struck a chord, bringing joy to millions during the pandemic.
Today, Sebastian shares how perseverance and hustle have been the key ingredients to attaining the success he once only dreamed of, the challenges that come with it and where he finds inspiration.
If you're looking for a good laugh or a bit of joy, this episode is for you.
SEBASTIAN MANISCALCO'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? Open by Andre Agassi.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? I wasn’t so weary of others. I wish was more open to people and not making quick judgements.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? There is a photo of my wife and daughter coming on stage in Toronto but if everyone is safe, I’d print off a new photo from the Cloud. So maybe some cheese? I go for the food.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Mohammad Ali because of his inspirational stories and sense of humor.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? My father says, “you can’t pay attention to what others are doing. The only control you have is what you’re doing.”
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Don’t worry so much. You’ll find your way even though you may not have a career path after college. You have the ability work hard and once you find your passion, you’ll explode.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? He never gave up.***
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
This is what the news should sound like. The biggest stories of our time, told by the best journalists in the world. Hosted by Michael Barbaro. Twenty minutes a day, five days a week, ready by 6 a.m.
Stuff You Should Know
If you've ever wanted to know about champagne, satanism, the Stonewall Uprising, chaos theory, LSD, El Nino, true crime and Rosa Parks then look no further. Josh and Chuck have you covered.