We are joined by San Diego Beer royalty, head brewer of the up-and-coming Tap Room Beer Co. in San Diego, CA, Bill Batten. We discuss many things with Bill including:
- Our long history with Bill.
- How Bill got into brewing.
- Him joining AleSmith and growing it with the team.
- Moving AleSmith out and moving Mikkeller in.
- Becoming a free agent.
- Consulting for SD startups.
- PB TapRoom.
- Tap Room Beer Co.
- What beers will Bill brew.
- Philosophy on San Diego IPA.
- Old school vs Modern West Coast IPA.
- Thoughts on today's hazy IPA.
- Approach to fitting in to today's market.
- Thoughts on Toronado San Diego closing.
And much much more!
We'd like to thank the sponsors of this show, if you are interested in sponsoring this podcast, please drop us a note at email@example.com.
• Firestone Walker Brewing - Check out the new hazy IPA, Mind Haze - Let your mind wander.
• El Segundo Brewing - Makers of some very fine hoppy ales near LAX, also check out their new digs, The Slice and Pint.
• Oskar Blues Brewery - Try new One-y IPA, 100 Calorie Hazy IPA Low Cal, High Haze.
Music for The Full Pint Podcast is provided by our pal Ben Tuttle, check him out at tenderbubbles.com