Episode 85 – Building a Future and Making a Difference
John Glosek grew up in Pennsylvania loving golf and muscle cars. He built his first engine at 16 and worked in a machine shop, honing his automotive skills in high school. After earning degrees in business management and automotive technology, he followed his passion and now works for Steve Horvath as the Service Manager at Jeno’s Auto Service, Inc. in Littleton, Colorado. John is a thirty-something and one of the next generation of leaders in the automotive service industry. Listen in as John discusses:
· How he found his love for anything automotive in a small town with lots of muscle cars and mentors.
· His pride in being an ASE-Certified professional.
· John’s insights into what he sees as the biggest challenges for himself and our industry.
· What shop owners need to do to find and keep top technicians in the business.
· Working with different generations in the shop.
· How he grows entry-level technicians into Master Techs.
· Keeping up with changing technology and how training needs to change.
· The industry shift to electrical diagnosis and what’s on the horizon.
· Maintaining his work/life balance.
· The Hands of the Carpenter Charity everyone at Jeno’s supports.
· How he’s preparing for what’s next and how ASA has helped his career.
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
The Ron Burgundy Podcast
Will Ferrell reprises his role as Ron Burgundy in his brand new Ron Burgundy Podcast! Each episode has a different theme in which Ron engages in conversation with another notable person on the topic at hand. In true Ron Burgundy fashion, these conversations have a tendency to go off the rails, and we find out things about people we never knew we wanted to know. In season 2, Ron considers a run for President, continues to perform music, and blacks out at work. In Season 1, Ron addressed important issues like bullying and the mind-expanding nature of meditation, and attempted to ultimately answer the question “seriously, what is a podcast?”
This is what the news should sound like. The biggest stories of our time, told by the best journalists in the world. Hosted by Michael Barbaro. Twenty minutes a day, five days a week, ready by 6 a.m.