Over the years Digital Coffee has morphed into a gaming podcast. Brett Deister the host, loves all things tech and gaming. However, he has experience in the PC gaming peripheral market. This is the only podcast dedicated to gaming marketing. Find out what we will talk about. A list of topics to be discussed: Latest video game updates Tips on better gameplay Tricks on understanding the gaming audience How-to's on marketing strategies Reviews on the latest video games Reviews on the latest gaming gadgets Sit down, grab a cup of coffee and let's discuss gaming! Schedule: New Episodes Every Friday Get bonus content on Patreon Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/digital-coffee. See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.
Stocks experts seem to get gaming stock or even tech stocks wrong. They are always looking behind and never fully invested in the market. It was obvious when AMD released the Ryzen CPUs and the same can be said with Corsair. Always trust your gut!
● [00:56] Rambo may be coming to Call of Duty Warzone
● [02:53] Sledgehammer Games is making the next Call of Duty game
Gaming journalists have always been on a slippery slope of pettiness. They do not focus on the important things and choose to only see race. Not only is the harmful, but it’s also the least interesting thing about people. However, we now have a new non-controversy about hair. Who cares and I talk about why it does not matter?
● [00:43] Overwatch 2 is in good hands?
I discuss Jeff Kaplan and if Overwatch 2 is really in doubt. Plus, RAM shortages, RTX 3080 TI, Elite Dangerous, Overwatch new update, and more!
● [00:38] Overwatch Experimental Cards go live
● [04:53] Epic Games gets more integrations
● [06:58] Battlefield 6 Update
● [08:19] Call of Duty Warzone gets DLSS support
● [10:108] Call of Duty Warzone Season 3 does not...
Another year and another attempt to censor speech. I don’t think or businesses don’t care that hate speech is not a clearly defined term. It’s used as a weapon and we should all reject it. Plus, talking about Nvidia updates, GPU supply woes, OBS, Cyberpunk 2077, and more!
● [00:44] Cyberpunk 2077 gets a new update
● [02:17] Days Gone gets a release date on PC
● [03:32] Outride...
It is a great question for developers and publishers. Should you fix a broken game or move on? It has plagued EA for a while, and it has made Hello Games the example of how to fix a game. CDPR is in that question right now. Let us see if they should!
● [00:34] Cooler Master gets back into the Esports industry
● [00:00] Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Alpha is going to reduce the tedious s...
Making controversial games is nothing new. From Postal to the No Russa and everything in between this has been done before. The funny part is the gaming media has and will still be lopsided on their analysis and should wait and see if Six Days in Fallujah will be great or not.
● [00:56] Elite Dangerous: Odyssey is in Alpha
● [02:13] Call of Duty: Warzone is getting an 8...
Interesting times we live in. Last week I talked about the gaming industry shrinking and Discord may join Microsoft. I personally think they are trying to see what their value is at, but we will see if they do sell. If Discord joins Microsoft, they will become a powerhouse in the gaming industry.
● [00:42] Gotham Knights is Delayed
● [01:47] MechWarrior 5 is coming to Steam and GO...
Another week and another blame game coming from the gaming media. They forget that they are the ones that started putting a spotlight on people’s terrible behavior online. That is why people do it. Instead blame a developer that just gets the terrible comments. Let’s all read and listen to what they say and call their bs.
● [01:12] Corsair has launched a new small keyboard
● [03:11] ...
Microsoft and Bethesda are now one company, kind of. The new deal brings forth the notion that the gaming industry is getting smaller. Gone are the days of 6 to 7 publishers competing for your time and money. I talk about this and more!
Demos. They are something gamers like and they can get them excited or completely let the game down. Outriders had a demo and I was just feeling, eh. It wasn’t great and it wasn’t terrible. The game was in the middle for me. Plus, new hard, features and game announced!
● [00:43] Elgato releases 3 new products
● [03:17] AMD Releases its new graphics card.
● [05:17] AMD 300...
Fry’s electronics is no more. I’ve had fond memories of getting the pc components I needed to build my computer, but the store over the years never had anything I wanted. It’s sad to see it gone, but, not surprising that it went out of business.
● [01:23] Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Expansion is delayed
● [01:48] System Shock is coming out this year
Any company that gets hacked and their work ransomwared is bad. Regardless of what you think of this company, it’s terrible that their work was stolen and then sold online. It bad all around. I also talk about Ovewatch updates, Destiny 2, Anthem, AMD and more!
● [01:16] Overwatch new experiment is here for Winston and Wrecking Ball
● [04:59] Anthem may be cancelled ...
Mass Effect is coming in 2021, Battlefield 6 gets teased… again with all the marketing jargon, Activision sued, Google focuses on Stadia and not making games and Overwatch Lunar Year is live right now!
● [01:05] Overwatch Lunar Year update is here
● [03:40] Mass Effect Legendary revealed
● [06:03] Call of Duty Publisher is getting sued
It’s a sad thing. Usually building a computer is not that hard to find the right parts. However, 2020 has made everything difficult, if not, impossible. I talk about why that is and how scalpers are making off this situation.
● [00:42] Overwatch nerfs three heroes
● [02:52] What I want Battlefield 6 to take from Battlefield 3
● [06:18] Cyberpunk 2077 gets a pat...
Naming is a hard thing to do for some. Lucasfilm has a hard time with naming. Instead of using Lucasarts, they decided to have a convoluted name that means nothing. Lucasart had a history in gaming, and they should have brought it back. Find out why and more!
● [00:45] Riot and Bungie join forces to stop cheating
● [02:09] Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order get a patch for next g...
This week has been weird and rough for the US. We’ve seen the censorship of people from one political ideology and it’s a double standard. Eventually people will get tired of this and move on. Plus, new tech and delayed games!
● [01:41] Adata gets ready to launch DDR5 for Intel
● [03:30] Noctua delays its passive cooler
● [05:06] Battleborn to shut down this month
Oh 2020, the year everyone just wants to leave. We’ve seen some great and terrible things in 2020 and gaming is no exception. This week I talk about what I liked and hated about 2020 and what I’m looking forward to in 2021.
● [00:26] My impression of 2020
● [18:22] What I’m hopeful for in 2021
People, Games, and Companies, We Mentioned in the Show
● Star Wars Squadrons
CDPR has been in the news a lot because of the launch of Cyberpunk 2077 and the disastrous launch on the consoles. I talk about what’s the real problem and ways to fix it and why gaming journalist are the worst.
● [01:12] Destiny 2 bug fixes
● [02:49] Overwatch Winter Wonderland Event is live
● [04:06] Overwatch 2 info coming to BlizzCon Online
● [05:13] EA Play for Xbox Game Pass for PC...
Cyberpunk 2077 is finally out and everybody is going crazy. I’ve played a few hours of it and so far, it is good, I’ll tell you why.
● [00:54] Facebook Launches A New Creator Program
● [03:32] Twitch bans hate and stuff
● [08:45] Cyberpunk 2077 news and preview
People, Games, and Companies, We Mentioned in the Show
● Facebook Gaming
● Cyberpunk 2077
I talk with Ed Zitron. He has a wealth of gaming knowledge and we talk about stock issues, cloud gaming, terrible launches, and PR and marketers in the gaming industry.
● [00:31] What gaming platform do you prefer to play on?
● [01:13] What do most marketers get wrong in the gaming industry?
● [01:51] What do you think that marketers should keep in mind for...
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
This is what the news should sound like. The biggest stories of our time, told by the best journalists in the world. Hosted by Michael Barbaro. Twenty minutes a day, five days a week, ready by 6 a.m.
Current and classic episodes, featuring compelling true-crime mysteries, powerful documentaries and in-depth investigations.