The concept for Generously Speaking is that there are significant leaders in our world of philanthropy who we at our firm are able to speak with often in the course of our work on behalf of various nonprofit clients. We see great generosity in action and we thought it would be nice to be able to share some of those conversations.
Chief Operating Officer
The Spartanburg County Foundation
The Spartanburg County Foundation:
The Spartanburg County Foundation was established in 1943 by Walter Scott Montgomery and seven key business leaders who saw community philanthropy as a way to address issues in the area. As the oldest community foundation in South Carolina, the Foundation recognizes a rich history of innovation, philanthropy, engagement, and commun...
Allan and Clare interview Tom Lawrence, President, The Leon Levine Foundation
· Advice: be patient, safe, focus on basic needs of recipients
· Focus on healthcare grantee needs
· Help is on the way (stimulus, and private support); Duke Endowment’s first-ever specially called meeting to provide support in NC and SC in response to the coronavirus crisis
· Response – Recovery – Rebuilding: have usually focused on 2nd two phases, but this time more focus on needs in the 1st phase...
· Importance of public policy at this time: Policy Brief email alerts from David Heinen – now available beyond only Center members
· Advice to be: timely, relevant, mindful – sharing curated information on www.ncnonprofits.org COVID-19 Resource page: https://www.ncnonprofits.org/resources/pandemicresources
· Consider what is necessary today (in this response phase) à recovery à rebuilding to follow
· What staff...
· Juan has been with Wachovia + Wells Fargo for 33 years
· Covering 4 states (NC, SC, VA, MD) and DC
· Economic ramifications of the virus – financial services industry is working hard to restore the health of the economy. CEO thanks team and customers of Wells Fargo as we all face challenges. “The only way we get through this moment is together, with flexibility, resolve, and collaboration. We’ll do...
· TogetherSC, Allies for Good, is the statewide network of nonprofit leaders, has been around for 23 years, and is about 800-members strong
· Philanthropic partners: United Way Association and the SC Grantmakers Group have come together for first time in the past year to work on the Census, and now re. coronavirus with weekly calls à 2 weekly calls convening now (nearly 150 people on those calls this week...
· A.J. Fletcher Foundation’s advice: exposure of the value of nonprofits doing their work is heartwarming; the next phase of rebuilding is where philanthropy can play a key role; encouraged by the nonprofit sector
· Communicating with grantees with a light touch: “there are decades where nothing happens, and then there are weeks where decades happen.”
· All grantees have pivoted: SE Raleigh Promise, ...
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
Serial is a podcast from Serial Productions, a New York Times company, hosted by Sarah Koenig. Serial unfolds one story - a true story - over the course of a whole season. The show follows the plot and characters wherever they lead, through many surprising twists and turns. Sarah won't know what happens at the end of the story until she gets there, not long before you get there with her. Each week she'll bring you the latest chapter, so it's important to listen in, starting with Episode 1. New episodes are released on Thursday mornings.
If you've ever wanted to know about champagne, satanism, the Stonewall Uprising, chaos theory, LSD, El Nino, true crime and Rosa Parks then look no further. Josh and Chuck have you covered.
For every story that runs, countless others are killed before anyone gets the chance to read them. KILLED reveals the true stories behind reporting that was once considered too dangerous, too fringe, too…SOMETHING…by the media. With help from some of the biggest names in magazines, Justine Harman brings dead stories back to life.
Welcome to the Official Game of Thrones Podcast: House of the Dragon produced by HBO Max and iHeartRadio. This show is the go-to audio destination to unpack and discuss everything Game of Thrones for casual and die-hard fans alike, starting with the new HBO Original series, House of the Dragon. Join our hosts Jason Concepcion (X-Ray Vision) and Greta Johnsen (WBEZ's Nerdette podcast) every week as they share insights, fan questions, exclusive interviews with the cast and crew, and a whole lot of thoughts and opinions. It’s the only podcast with the inside scoop on all things Game of Thrones. It is also produced in association with Crooked Media.