Culture happens, every business has one – it only becomes a topic of conversation when the culture is not what we want it to be. In this episode we explore the fundamentals of organisational culture; what creates it, how to shift it when it’s no longer productive, and most significantly how to manage it in times of great uncertainty.
In today’s show, BDO’s National Leader of People Advisory, Jenine Waters and Associate Director of People Advisory, Dr Joe Occhino discuss all aspects of organisational culture. Both Jenine and Joe are experts in culture diagnostics and implementation, they’ve advised countless businesses on how to improve internal HR issues and subsequent profit loss through culture shifts. Their years of experience offer a timely insight in how to navigate organisational culture during times of uncertainty.
Covered in this episode:
- Fundamental definitions. What is organisational culture?
- The importance of culture in the current environment.
- What we can learn about culture from the Haynes Royal Commission.
- How to identify and shift bad culture.
- How leaders influence culture.
- The relationship between culture, risk and innovation.
- How the size of organisations impact culture.
- How culture shifts over time.
- People and profits; the ROI (return of investment) when investing in culture.
- Key takeaways for businesses implementing, shifting or sustaining culture.
- The impact that new thinking around empowerment has on culture.
- The future of organisational culture post Covid-19.
Produced by BDO in Australia and The Podcast Boss.
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
This is what the news should sound like. The biggest stories of our time, told by the best journalists in the world. Hosted by Michael Barbaro. Twenty minutes a day, five days a week, ready by 6 a.m.
Current and classic episodes, featuring compelling true-crime mysteries, powerful documentaries and in-depth investigations.