The year is 2020. Threats spread in the air, and through inboxes; the drive of industry and automated manufacturing is unstoppable. The Fourth Industrial Revolution is here. In this episode, BDO’s National Leader, Manufacturing & Wholesale, Ryan Pollett and Executive Director, Digital & Technology Advisory, Kane Stavens explore all things ‘Industry 4.0’, including the most pressing question; what does the latest industrial revolution mean for manufacturers, in and outside of the COVID-19 crisis; and how can Australian manufacturers adapt and survive in difficult conditions?
Covered in this episode:
- Defining Industry 4.0
- Specific issues facing Australian manufacturers in 2020
- An overview of increased cyber threats
- How well Australian manufacturers pivoted during the global pandemic
- How Australian manufacturers have or haven’t adopted new technology
- How manufacturers can get the most bang for buck in Industry 4.0
- Exploring the biggest cyber threats to manufacturers
- Breaking down the impacts of the Federal Government’s Modern Manufacturing Strategy
- Preventing value loss and unpacking the key risk indicators
- The future of free trade agreements
- Future forecasting; how to best prepare for the unknown.
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
This is what the news should sound like. The biggest stories of our time, told by the best journalists in the world. Hosted by Michael Barbaro. Twenty minutes a day, five days a week, ready by 6 a.m.
Current and classic episodes, featuring compelling true-crime mysteries, powerful documentaries and in-depth investigations.