Synopsis: This is the audio version of the informal article/reflection I wrote LAST Rosh ha'Shanah, entitled Meditations on Rosh ha'Shanah 5781 - The Meaning of "Shanah Tovah." I'm sharing this today for five reasons:
(1) This year I did something which I've never systematically done in the past: I went back and reviewed my whole year! That's when I was reminded of this.
(2) It is SO easy for us to forget the lessons of the pandemic; this reflection really captured my thoughts and feelings at that time, and serve as a good reminder.
(3) The ideas are still true and are as relevant as ever.
(4) This was only shared in audio form on my WhatsApp group, since my Machshavah Lab Podcast wasn't created until December 29th, 2020. I figured it would be good to upload this in podcast form.
(5) I might not get a chance to write a new article for this Rosh ha'Shanah, so I'm re-sharing this one to bypass that guilt. ;)
Today's Torah content has been brought to you by the generosity of my Patrons on Patreon.
If you have questions, comments, or feedback, I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to contact me at rabbischneeweiss at gmail.
If you've gained from what you've learned here, please consider contributing to my Patreon at www.patreon.com/rabbischneeweiss. Alternatively, if you would like to make a direct contribution to the "Rabbi Schneeweiss Torah Content Fund," my Venmo is @Matt-Schneeweiss, and my Zelle and PayPal are mattschneeweiss at gmail.com. Even a small contribution goes a long way to covering the costs of my podcasts, and will provide me with the financial freedom to produce even more Torah content for you.
If you would like to sponsor a day's or a week's worth of Torah content, or if you are interested in enlisting my services as a teacher or tutor, you can reach me at rabbischneeweiss at gmail.com. Thank you to my listeners for listening, thank you to my readers for reading, and thank you to my supporters for supporting my efforts to make Torah ideas available and accessible to everyone.
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/rabbischneeweiss
"The Mishlei Podcast": https://mishlei.buzzsprout.com
"The Stoic Jew" Podcast: https://thestoicjew.buzzsprout.com
"Rambam Bekius" Podcast: https://rambambekius.buzzsprout.com
"Machshavah Lab" Podcast: https://machshavahlab.buzzsprout.com
"The Tefilah Podcast": https://tefilah.buzzsprout.com
Our Yeshiva: https://www.yeshivabneitorah.org/
Guide to the Torah Content of Rabbi Matt Schneeweiss: https://kolhaseridim.blogspot.com/2021/04/links-to-torah-content-of-rabbi-matt.html
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
Current and classic episodes, featuring compelling true-crime mysteries, powerful documentaries and in-depth investigations.
This is what the news should sound like. The biggest stories of our time, told by the best journalists in the world. Hosted by Michael Barbaro. Twenty minutes a day, five days a week, ready by 6 a.m.