"She was not quite sure what made her so nervous."
Leave the city behind and join Aurelien at the lake house for Shirley Jackson's 1948 paranoia-inducing short story, "The Summer People". It's a story full of beautiful views, strange townspeople, and a distinct feeling of creeping dread.
* Theme: Magical Transition by Kevin McLeod
* Additional music and sound effects from zapsplat.com
* Clip from Tommy Dorsey at the Hollywood Paladium: https://www.oldradioworld.com/shows/Tommy_Dorsey.php
* Clip from Artie Shaw At the Hotel Lincoln: https://www.oldradioworld.com/shows/Artie_Shaw.php
* Clips from real Brylcream and Captain Midnite Ovaltine commercials: https://www.oldradioworld.com/shows/Vintage_Commercials.php
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
Current and classic episodes, featuring compelling true-crime mysteries, powerful documentaries and in-depth investigations.
Stuff You Should Know
If you've ever wanted to know about champagne, satanism, the Stonewall Uprising, chaos theory, LSD, El Nino, true crime and Rosa Parks then look no further. Josh and Chuck have you covered.