On this episode of Supercharged Life, Dr. Judy talks to certified divorce specialist and host of the “Moms Moving On” podcast Michelle Dempsey about moving on after a breakup or divorce. This unprecedented year has brought some unique challenges to dealing with breakups and being alone, and how to creatively solve the types of problems that come up after a significant separation from a loved one. Whether you or someone you care about is dealing with the stress of being newly single, this episode has something for you!
Michelle shares her journey of love, divorce, finding love again in her second marriage, and the challenges of joys of having a blended family. Dr. Judy and Michelle discuss how to get out of the victim mindset, how to revel in your alone time, and the magic of rediscovering yourself. They tackle hard-hitting listener questions together and give you a practical and thoughtful advice you can put to use today in a variety of relatable situations.
Stay tuned for Dr. Judy’s 5 Supercharged Tips about the best and most effective ways to survive and enjoy single hood!
If you have a problem or issue that relates to today’s topics, download and subscribe today and Supercharge your life now! And if you have questions you need answered, follow and DM Dr. Judy on Instagram @drjudyho and she will get to as many questions as possible on her next episode of Ask Dr. Judy!
In this episode, Dr. Judy discusses:
1. Michelle’s adventures in love, dating, remarriage, and raising children joyfully (4:00)
2. The importance of attachment styles in romantic relationships (6:30)
3. Michelle’s secrets to thriving in blended families (7:20)
4. Biggest fears facing people who contemplate separating from their partners (9:30)
5. The one essential ingredient a growing child needs – and Dr. Judy’s origin story for why she chose a career in Psychology (11:30)
6. Dr. Judy and Michelle Answers: Dealing with families’ expectations through a divorce (16:25)
7. Dr. Judy and Michelle Answer: How to model positive behaviors for your children during a breakup (19:40)
8. Dr. Judy and Michelle Answer: The serial monogamist’s guide to getting comfortable with singlehood (24:00)
9. Dr. Judy and Michelle Answer: Kids who want us to get back together – how to have the tough conversation (28:25)
10. Dr. Judy and Michelle Answer: Blindsided after infidelity – how to let go and move on (32:45)
11. Dr. Judy and Michelle Answer: My ex’s partner is a real pill – how to get along for the common good (36:40)
12. Supercharged Secret of the Day: Surviving and Enjoying Singlehood (43:55)
To submit questions for Dr. Judy to answer anonymously, go to this link:
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices