This bonus episode of The Borough We Became is a collaboration with Brooklyn Public Library's team responsible for the Borrowed podcast. We decided to bring voices from Queens and Brooklyn together as part of a citywide initiative called Missing Them, by online newspaper THE CITY.
Want to learn more about the topics brought up in this episode? Check out the following links:
• Attend The CITY's "Missing Them" event (running online December 11 - 13) and search the names and stories of those who've passed from COVID-19.
• Queens residents: Share your story with Queens Memory. If you live in Brooklyn: Record your COVID-19 story with Brooklyn Public Library.
• Listen to past Brooklyn oral histories on BPL's interactive map, or on our previous Borrowed episode, "Stories from the Pandemic."
• Listen to Season 2 of Queens Memory, "The Borough We Became" for more COVID-19 audio stories, or view Queens COVID-19 photos and stories on Urban Archive.
• Create a temporary memorial with tools from Naming the Lost Memorials, and see COVID-19 memorials that have gone up around the country.
• Visit Maple Grove Cemetery or Green-Wood Cemetery for a quiet walk.
Borrowed is hosted by Krissa Corbett Cavouras, and Adwoa Adusei, produced by Virginia Marshall and written by Adwoa Adusei and Virginia Marshall, with help from Fritzi Bodenheimer, Jennifer Proffitt, Meryl Friedman and Robin Lester Kenton. Our music composer is Billy Libby.
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
The Breakfast Club
The World's Most Dangerous Morning Show, The Breakfast Club, With DJ Envy, Angela Yee And Charlamagne Tha God!
This is what the news should sound like. The biggest stories of our time, told by the best journalists in the world. Hosted by Michael Barbaro. Twenty minutes a day, five days a week, ready by 6 a.m.