Stop struggling to work out a Christian life on your own and instead, live by Spirit compelled action through Spirit illuminated interpretation and application of God's Word. Let’s get equipped for the study and doing of the Word (James 1:22). Music permission graciously granted by Christopher Parkening. Parkening, Christopher. J. S. Bach: "We Thank Thee, Lord, We Thank Thee" from the recording Simple Gifts. EMI/Angel Records. Recorded 1982.
1. The Literal Principle: Interpret Scripture according to real history and real people using normal language (can include figurative, metaphorical, analogical, symbolic and illustrative language).
2. Analogy vs. Allegory
3. Allegorical interpretations can be found in:
Join us in this series that will cover how to interpret the Scriptures and get to the meaning of the text.
You can find the notes to this series at: www.golocalchurch.com/doers/notes/
Clarity of Scripture and God's sovereignty.
1. Class discussion on previous week's reading
2. Clarity of Scripture (Part 1)
3. Introduction to next week's reading
Class definition of a Doer A Doer is a disciple of Jesus, nourished on the Word of God, whose sole concern, by the Spirit and through the church, is making disciples of others.
What does a doer hear?
What characterizes a doer?
What does a doer know about God's will for his life?
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
This is what the news should sound like. The biggest stories of our time, told by the best journalists in the world. Hosted by Michael Barbaro. Twenty minutes a day, five days a week, ready by 6 a.m.
Current and classic episodes, featuring compelling true-crime mysteries, powerful documentaries and in-depth investigations.