In this episode of Understood with Mitch Wallis we cover:
- Borderline Personality Disorder and the unnecessary stigmatisation
- Corporates managing people out of the business for mental health reasons
- When you change as a person, but your perception doesn't
- Stigma of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and how they need to be removed
- Power of self-belief as a competitive advantage and it's difference to narcissism
- How the brain doesn't care about happiness as much as it cares about control
- Why do some of us need to know everything about everything?
- Mitch's reflections on his "anger issues?"
- Mitch's recent panic attack and what he learned during this surprise visit from acute anxiety
- Mitch's insightful learning from his father and how much it helped his coping
- A variety of quotes from a Buddhist teacher that offers perspective on control, suffering and the mind
- SHOW NOTES -
Book reference: "A Gradual Awakening" - Stephen Levine
- SUBSCRIBE, RATE & REVIEW THE SHOW -
- Hotline phone number is -
- Website -
- Find me on social media -
- INTRO SONG CREDITS -
What Happens Now - Fransancisco
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
This is what the news should sound like. The biggest stories of our time, told by the best journalists in the world. Hosted by Michael Barbaro. Twenty minutes a day, five days a week, ready by 6 a.m.
Stuff You Should Know
If you've ever wanted to know about champagne, satanism, the Stonewall Uprising, chaos theory, LSD, El Nino, true crime and Rosa Parks then look no further. Josh and Chuck have you covered.