In this episode we cover:
- A real story from a successful black man who has experienced racism his whole life to humanise the reality of racism in the 21st century
- The difference between white privilege & racism
- What we can do to help lift up our black brothers & sisters and do small acts to push society forward
- How the Black Lives Matter Movement extends beyond an issue of police brutality
- An exploration of the incarceration issue and the layers that build up to perpetuate or perception a stigma over time
- The “child state” of trauma that can last into adulthood and how parenting can have such a big impact on this
This episode’s guest is Pervis Taylor, III, M.A. Pervis is an award-winning celebrity life coach, speaker and author of “Pervis Principles” Volumes 1&2 and “Single Man, Married Man”. As a result of his own trauma, Pervis has dedicated his life to the betterment of one's mental and emotional growth. Through his honing methods, he continues to transform the lives of his extensive client roster that reaches both celebrities, executives, organisations and most importantly inner city youth by pinpointing their needs and goals. Pervis has his Bachelors in marketing from University of Miami and his Masters in Clinical Psychology from Columbia University.
- SUBSCRIBE -
For more mental health content.
Please rate & review the show!
- PODCAST LINKS -
- Hotline phone number is -
- Website -
- Find me on social media -
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
This is what the news should sound like. The biggest stories of our time, told by the best journalists in the world. Hosted by Michael Barbaro. Twenty minutes a day, five days a week, ready by 6 a.m.
Stuff You Should Know
If you've ever wanted to know about champagne, satanism, the Stonewall Uprising, chaos theory, LSD, El Nino, true crime and Rosa Parks then look no further. Josh and Chuck have you covered.