In this episode of Understood with Mitch Wallis we cover:
- How to check in with someone when they're not ok using the 1-10 scale
- Mitch's recent conflict that left him feeling flat
- The perils of comparative suffering
- How starting, stopping or changing medication can affect your chemistry
- Weird warning signs from your body that something is going wrong (e.g. music "high")
- The inefficiencies of the hospital system for suicide inpatients and discharging protocols
- Managing poor behaviour whilst supporting someone through a tough time
- Mitch's step toward redefining his own sense of masculinity
- The guilt of parenting
- How a single marijuana smoke affected Mitch's mental health
- The 10:3:2:1:0 sleep tips from Ben Greenfield
- Show notes -
PMDD conversation: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5683150/
- SUBSCRIBE, RATE & REVIEW THE SHOW -
- Hotline phone number is -
- Website -
- Find me on social media -
- INTRO SONG CREDITS -
What Happens Now - Fransancisco
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
This is what the news should sound like. The biggest stories of our time, told by the best journalists in the world. Hosted by Michael Barbaro. Twenty minutes a day, five days a week, ready by 6 a.m.
Stuff You Should Know
If you've ever wanted to know about champagne, satanism, the Stonewall Uprising, chaos theory, LSD, El Nino, true crime and Rosa Parks then look no further. Josh and Chuck have you covered.