Episode 68: Want Diversity? Read Marvel's NEW MUTANTS
March 21, 2016•109 min
Hey Millennials, I know it seems the 1980's were, like, ten million years ago, and you dislike Hillary Clinton way more than I do, but can't we cross the Generation Y/Millenial border and all agree that comics are in need of more diversity even if we disagree on how we achieve it?
Allow me to be your comics historian for a moment if you don't mind, but first, some questions...
1) Do you love Deadpool?
2) Excited to see Cable in the next Deadpool movie?
3) Isn't Emma Frost totally kick-ass?
4) Excited for FX's new show Legion?
5) Wondered where Magik (Illyana Rasputin) came from?
6) Don't comics need more diverse characters that are portrayed three-dimensionally?
If you answered "yes" to one or more of the preceding questions and you haven't read volume 1 of Chris Claremont and Bob McCleod's NEW MUTANTS, the first X-Men spinoff ever, then what the hell are you waiting for?
1) NEW MUTANTS contains the first appearance of Cable (NEW MUTANTS #87).
2) DEADPOOL debuts in the pages of NEW