Molly Hayward Founder and CEO of Cora
March 29, 2016•81 min
- Molly Hayward has a deep knowledge of menstrual management in both its cultural and commercial contexts
- She was the first entrepreneur in the menstrual health space to introduce a modern, healthy, pro-social brand to mainstream consumers
- Previously, Molly co- founded ethical fashion label Rebecca Street, in the UK
- Molly (together with Cora) is about to get her big break as a reality TV star
- She will be a featured entrepreneur on a forthcoming TV show airing on a major national network early this year
- Cora is her 3rd startup, 2nd as founder.
- Several years ago I was travelling with an organization in Kenya when a girl named Purity told me she and other girls would stay home from school during their periods because they couldn’t afford sanitary pads.
- Every year, 100 million girls miss school during their periods due to a lack of access to adequate menstrual products.
- Later, when I learned that many feminine products used in the U.S. contain substances that are potentia