Encore Episode: Myth of Positive Thinking
November 29, 2016•9 min
Positive thinking does not magically change your experience. You have to work for change."Just think positive."That's a phrase typically used to try to cheer someone up or get you through a difficult situation. It's also a popular tactic to try to bring success into your life.Unfortunately, positive thinking does not magically change your experience.What's the reality? In terms of brain chemistry, positive thinking accounts for only 20 percent of the equation.If you want to create life success, you have to put your nose to the grindstone for the other 80 percent. It's not just about being "busy." You have to implement actionable steps towards any goal. Choose one goal at a time. Write out the steps you need to take on a daily basis... but ones that you'd rather not do. Not a morning person, but that's the only time of the day you can dedicate towards your goal (i.e. meditate, exercise, work on your budget)? You have to become a morning person.Listen in as David Essel, “The Master of Motivation,” joins Andrea and Lisa to explain why positive thinking is really just a myth.