RadioMD: Body Language
RadioMD: Body Language

Dark and Smelly? Fix Your Underarm Problems

February 28, 20149 min
Dr. Marmur also introduces a PitiCure. A Piti-what? That's right, a PitiCure is a at home arm treatment that Dove promotes for your armpits.Pity your poor armpits.  They exist in a dark, smelly, moist, thin-skinned and neglected place.  Little wonder they are the “final frontier” for skin specialist and dermatologist, Ellen Marmur, MD, who wants to put you in touch with your inner armpit by – are you ready – posting an armpit selfie on-line. It’s the pits! Women often damage their armpits while shaving, as only 64 percent of what is removed is hair, while the other 36 percent is precious skin, a process that can lead to folliculitis, an infection in the hair follicles, often accompanied by ingrown hairs or “shaving bumps,” which are unattractive and can be painful.  One approach to armpit health, according to Dr. Marmur, is to use an anti-perspirant/deodorant enhanced with moisturizer, helping care for the skin you’re in. Dr. Marmur also introduces a PitiCure. A Piti-what? That's right, a PitiCure is a at home arm treatment that Dove promotes for your armpits. Dr. Marmur educates women how to properly take care of your underarms. 

Chat About Dark and Smelly? Fix Your Underarm Problems