Surgeons Remove Lighter From Man's Stomach After 20 Years
By Bill Strange
April 17, 2018
Doctors in China say they removed a lighter from a man's stomach after 20 years. A video recorded at a hospital in Chengdu City shows a camera entering the man's stomach to find the metal lighter. The man told doctors he accidentally swallowed it 20 years ago, but he didn't go to the doctor until recently when he started having stomach aches and other medical problems.
It took two surgical interventions for the doctors to successfully remove the lighter.