Kevin Spacey's Sexual Assault Case Dismissed
By Hayden Brooks
July 17, 2019
Kevin Spacey has a load of legal troubles off his plate as the criminal case against him has been dismissed.
As per a TMZ report, which was published on Wednesday (July 17), a Massachusetts judge has tossed the Hollywood actor's case "due to the unavailability of the complaining witness." As you probably recall, Spacey was facing criminal charges of indecent assault and battery in connection to a July 2016 incident, in which he allegedly groped a then-18-year-old employee at a bar. In his claims, the man said that the actor offered him alcohol and then repeatedly groped his genitals. Additionally, he claimed that he texted his girlfriend while the incident took place.
Earlier this month, the man took the Fifth Amendment while testifying about the incident and did not answer questions about his missing cellphone, which allegedly contained text messages that proved the star's innocence. Spacey's lawyer reportedly had information that the man deleted texts and, when he brought the topic up, the alleged victim decided to utilize his right to plead the Fifth. Sources revealed to TMZ that the dismissal was "at the behest of prosecutors." Less than two weeks ago, the accuser dropped his civil suit against the actor.
The alleged victim's mother, former Boston TV anchor Heather Unruh, came forward with the allegations in November 2017 and told investigators that she was the one who deleted text messages related to her son's "frat boy activities."
Photo: Getty Images