Herd Hierarchy: Colin Cowherd Ranks the 10 Best NFL Teams Heading in Week 1
By Wil Leitner
September 3, 2019
Top 10 NFL Teams According to Colin Cowherd: (Full Video at Bottom of Page)
10. Chicago Bears: “Defensively, we know their front seven is going to be a handful, but there are a lot of great front sevens in the NFL and they all have a quarterback. Mitch Trubisky has a low ceiling which is why I have the Bears at 10."
9. Los Angeles Chargers: “Their best athlete Derwin James is out till Thanksgiving, Melvin Gordon is out, their third receiver Terrell Williams is now in Oakland, Jason Verrett, a good corner left, and they’ve had health issues with Russell Okune on the offensive line. I think it’s going to be a bumpy September for the Chargers and I have them at 9.”
8. Dallas Cowboys: “This is a very good Cowboys team that has a remarkable number of great players under 25. They’re not as dialed in without Ezekiel Elliott for now but they were 7-2 after the Amari Cooper trade and Jason Witten has come in to help the offensive line.”
7. Green Bay Packers: “They had a very good draft defensively and acquired good mid-level free agents. It’s a very workable schedule and will likely get better as the season goes. I think they win the NFC North."
6. Houston Texans: “They have the best quarterback, wide receiver, defensive lineman, and arguably left tackle in their division. They’re very good at the positions that matter.”
5. New England Patriots: “They might be the best team at the end of the year, but I don’t think they’ll be the best team early. They lost center David Andrews, and their wide receiver group could be good but it’s really choppy. Josh Gordon has just arrived and Julian Edelman was out for most of camp. Gronk retired and Chris Hogan is gone.”
4. Pittsburgh Steelers: “Got rid of some noise and quietly upgraded. They did a lot to upgrade their defense. They added Donte Moncrief and I like James Washington as second wideout.
3. Los Angeles Rams: “Todd Gurley is back and healthy and the guy they target the most, Cooper Kupp, is back, and they’ve added smart guys like Eric Weddle.”
2. Philadelphia Eagles: “I think the Eagles will end up in the Super Bowl. This is best combination of offensive and defensive line talent in the NFL.”