Kevin Hart Breaks Silence Following Severe Car Crash, Sets Hiatus
By Hayden Brooks
October 11, 2019
Kevin Hart released his first statement since his September car crash, which forced the comedian to undergo back surgery, where doctors fused three areas around his spine.
On Thursday (October 10), the comedian, 40, released a brief statement about the car crash, which also involved friends Jared Black and Rebecca Broxterman. "I have nothing but love for Jared and wish him and Rebecca a speedy recovery," Hart said via his attorney, Andrew Brettler. Meanwhile, Brettler also spoke to EW, revealing that his client is set for a work hiatus until early 2020 as he recovers from the accident. "While he’s doing a little work here and there for the film, he doesn’t expect to be fully back to work until the new year," the attorney said.
Last month, it was reported that Hart was partaking in intense physical therapy in a facility to recover from his injuries and surgeries. Insiders close to the situation revealed that the star was "glad" to get out of the Los Angeles hospital that he called home for 10 days.
As we reported, Hart had to be taken to a hospital after suffering from "major back injuries" in a car crash around 1 AM in the Malibu Hills. According to police sources, Black, who was the driver of Hart's 1970 Plymouth Barracuda, lost control of the vehicle on Mulholland Highway, smashed through a wooden fence and ended up in a ditch about 10 feet off the side of the road.
Photo: Getty Images