Police Searching For Suspect Accused Of Killing Three People In A Cemetery
By Bill Galluccio
February 21, 2020
Authorities in California have launched a manhunt for a suspect accused of killing three people in a cemetery on Monday (February 17). Police identified 33-year-old José Luis Torres Garcia as the suspect and said that he knew his victims. Garcia has been deported twice from the United States, and has an active DUI warrant in Riverside County and a drug-related warrant in San Mateo County.
Police believe Garcia and his three victims drove together to the Perris Valley Cemetery in Perris, which is about 70 miles southeast of Los Angeles, where he killed them. Officials said they do not think the killings were random, but have not determined a motive.
The victims were identified as Jaime Covarrubias Espindola, 50, Jose Maria Aguilar-Espejel, 38, and Rodrigo Aguilar-Esepjel, 28, but authorities have not said how they died. Their bodies were found next to the grave of a man who was killed in Mexico last year.
Riverside County Sheriff Chad Bianco said that investigators are looking into whether the killings could be related to cartel violence and said they are working with Mexican authorities in case Garcia fled the country.
"Three people killed at the same time, that was a message for something, whether it was for someone else, or for them," Bianco said.
Authorities cautioned that Garcia should be considered "armed and extremely dangerous," and said that anybody who sees him should call 911 immediately.
Photo: Riverside County Sheriff's Department