FREE sports content to help you pass the time during these uncertain times
By Jon Schaeffer
March 20, 2020
Are you like the rest of us and missing sports (like really, really, really missing sports)? The team at XTRA 1360 is still here to provide you live and local programming despite these challenging and uncertain times. We'll continue to provide you with pertinent sports news (even without live sports) while also keeping you abreast on everything you need to do to keep you and your loved ones healthy and safe during the Covid-19 pandemic. Here's our daily schedule on XTRA 1360, including Costa & Richards from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m., The Darren Smith Show from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. and The Loose Cannons from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays.
If you're like most of us, then your routine has likely changed as a result of the Stay at Home mandate in California. If you're unable to listen to XTRA 1360 on the radio (also available on 103.3 FM, HD Radio 101.5 Channel 2), here some other FREE options:
- Download the iHeartRadio App: It's the #1 app for podcasting in the world. Plus, you can listen to Costa & Richards, The Darren Smith Show and The Loose Cannons either live or on demand. Subscribe to any of our shows to get the shows delivered straight to your app. The app is available on dozens of devices like SmartPhones, Smart Speakers and Smart TV's.
- Listen on a Smart Device: If you now find yourself working from home, learn how to listen to XTRA 1360 on your Smart Speaker.
Here are some other great resources that are now free for a limited time to help sports fans pass the time without sports:
- NBA League Pass (free thru 4/22): The NBA is providing free access to full length and condensed replays of all games from the 2019-20 season, as well as an expansive archive of classic games and content.
- NFL Game Pass (free thru 5/31): NFL Game Pass includes access to past regular and postseason NFL games as well as tons of additional football-related content.
- NHL.tv (free thru 4/30): Starting Friday and through April 30, the NHL and Sportsnet have decided to make full replays of all 2019-20 NHL regular-season games already played available to stream on demand.
- Binge a podcast: The iHeartRadio app is #1 for podcasting with thousands of binge-worthy podcasts, sports or otherwise. Whether you're looking for the latest on the Coronavirus or looking for a good laugh with the Ron Burgundy podcast, we've got a podcast tailored just for you.
This list will be updated as we learn of other complimentary content and services being provided to sports fans to help us all get through this unprecedented situation.