Maren Morris Turns 30: 10 Facts About The Country Superstar
By Rose Wythe
April 10, 2020
Marren Morris and all the other Aries out there have had their birthday plans squashed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Nonetheless, 2020 has been a wild ride for the country darling as she recently gave birth to her first child with husband Ryan Hurd. While she’s likely celebrating with some low-key festivities while quarantined with her family, iHeartRadio wanted to show some love to the singer’s big 30th year benchmark. Scroll on below to brush up on your Maren Morris 101 with 10 facts about the chart-topper!
1. Maren Morris gave birth to a baby boy named Hayes Andrew Hurd on March 23, 2020.
2. Morris’ final performance before giving birth to Hayes was huge. In fact, the set at the Houston Rodeo on March 7 was the biggest show of her entire career.
4. She’s a pet owner to a number of dogs, one in particular is named — wait for it — Pancake.
5. Her song “Sugar” was partly inspired by the Backstreet Boys’ “Shape of My Heart.”
6. Oddly enough, she was rejected by The Voice, America's Got Talent, and American Idol before making it big on her own.
8. Morris met her husband in Nashville during a recording session for “Last Turn Home.” The track made its way to Tim McGraw’s 2014 album, Sundown Heaven Town.
9. She’s also part of an all-female supergroup called The Highwomen, which was initially conceptualized as a way to balance out the lack of female representation on radio and at country music festivals.
Photos: Getty Images