'The Flash' Star Logan Williams' Tragic Cause Of Death Revealed
By Paris Close
May 16, 2020
Logan Williams’ mother has revealed her son’s heartbreaking cause of death.
A month after the beloved Flash actor died at 16 years old, his mother, Marlyse Williams, has broken her silence on how he passed away. During Friday’s (May 15) exclusive interview with The New York Post, Marlyse revealed Logan died of a fentanyl overdose, according to preliminary toxicology reports. What’s more, Marlyse also disclosed that Logan had been secretly battling addiction for three years.
“His death is not going to be in vain,” she said of the teenager, who would have celebrated his 17th birthday on April 9. “He’s going to help a lot of people down the road.”
As fans know, Logan, best known for portraying young Barry Allen on The Flash, died on April 2.
Marlyse, a sales rep, revealed the young Canadian star had taken a break from auditioning for roles after the process became “way too stressful.”
She recalled finding out Logan had been using marijuana when he was 13 but eventually moved on to other drugs. Although she was uncertain when her son had started experimenting with fentanyl, Marlyse remembered her son “was in complete denial because he was so ashamed.”
Marlyse said she “did everything humanly possible — everything a mother could do” to help Logan over the next three years, including having him admitted into treatment centers in the United States and, during summer 2019, placing him into a one-month program at another facility in British Columbia. “I did everything but handcuff him to me to try to keep him safe.”
The last time Marlyse saw her son on March 30, never thinking it would be her last.
Recalling the last words her son spoke to her when they saw each other on March 30, Marlyse said, “He said to me, ‘Mom, I’m gonna get clean. I’m going to get better. And I want my new life to start.’ I just know the last thing we said to each other was, ‘I love you.’”
Photo: YouTube/The CW