'10 Worst Toys Of 2020' List Released By Boston Nonprofit
By Jason Hall
November 24, 2020
Here's a list of toys parents will want to avoid while shopping for the holidays.
A Boston nonprofit has released its list of the "10 Worst Toys for 2020," just in time for the holiday season. World Against Toys Causing Harm Inc. (W.A.T.C.H.) annually ranks the most potentially dangerous toys for children. This year's list was topped by the Calico Critters Nursery Friends, which has small pieces that could potentially present a choking hazard.
This year's full list includes the following:
- Calico Critters Nursery Friends: potential for choking injuries
- Missile Launcher: potential for eye and facial injuries
- Marvel Avengers Vibranium Power FX Claw: potential for eye and facial injuries
- Gloria Owl: potential for ingestion/aspiration injuries
- WWE Jumbo Superstar Fists: potential for blunt force and impact injuries
- Scientific Explorer Sci-Fi Slime: potential for chemical-related injuries
- The Original Boomerang Interactive Stunt UFO: potential for cutting and propeller-related injuries
- Boom City Racers Starter Pack: potential for eye and face injuries
- My Sweet Love Lots To Love Babies Minis: potential for ingestion and choking injuries
- Star Wars Mandalorian Darksaber: potential for blunt force and eye injuries
“Although intended for fun and entertainment, many toys contain hidden hazards unnecessarily putting children at risk of injury or death,” the group said in its report.
Photo: Getty Images