Lessen Your COVID-19 Vaccination Side Effects By Eating These Foods
By Katie Butchino
April 6, 2021
Can eating certain foods or drinking certain drinks really lessen your side effects from your COVID vaccination? Well, according to Huffington Post, you certainly can if you follow these tips!
Because some of the side effects are nausea, redness, swelling, and so on, this list of tips should help ease some of these!
- Try ginger for nausea– Make some ginger tea with this recipe. This is also a good tip for anytime you are experiencing nausea!
- Hydrate with healthy fluids– Water, tea, or sparkling water are all good choices
- Don’t fast, juice or detox– Your body needs protein to kick the vaccine into gear
- Eat a healthy, Mediterranean-style diet– Eating plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, Omega-3 and monounsaturated fats like those found in olive oil, fish, poultry, eggs and beans. Limit your intake of red meat and dairy.
- Consider a low glycemic index diet for a few days– Try to keep your blood sugar low by eating beans, green vegetables, whole and multigrain breads, berries, apples and lean proteins, nuts and eggs.
- Chicken soup– Always an excellent choice If you make it with plenty of veggies
- Get your gut health up to speed to increase your immune response– Dr. Todd Born, a certified naturopathic physician and certified nutrition specialist says “A diverse and healthy microbial community in the gut will influence the immune system directly”, so foods like yogurt, kimchi, kefir and sauerkraut can help out with that.
Basically, just eat healthy! Here is the full list: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/what-to-eat-covid-vaccine_l_606476ddc5b6b6bedaf42036
Photo via Getty Images