Couple Recovering From COVID Couldn't Smell Smoke When A Fire Broke Out
By Bill Galluccio
January 28, 2022
A Texas family was saved after their two-year-old son alerted them to a fire in their home. Kayla and Nathan Dahl were sleeping when the fire broke out, but because they lost their sense of smell due to COVID-19, they had no idea their lives were in danger. To make matters worse, their smoke detectors didn't go off, leaving them completely unaware that their home was on fire.
Luckily, the fire woke up their son Brandon who rushed to his parent's room for help.
The Dahls jumped out of bed, grabbed Brandon and their other four kids, and managed to escape their home unharmed.
Kayla said that Brandon wasn't feeling well the night before and slept in the living room. That decision may have saved his life and the life of his family.
"Somehow, by the grace of God, he was able to make it out of our almost fully engulfed living room into our room," Kayla told The Post. "It's a miracle from God that he was able to do that."