Is Your Relationship Worth Saving?
By Kayla Austin
May 16, 2022
How can you tell if your relationship is a waste of time or if you're just going through a rough patch? Here is what you want to do!
1. You still have some non-defensive moments (the walls come down)
2. You can still share happy memories
3. You can imagine that your current problems are temporary
4. The tribe is as important as the relationship
5. You can still laugh without sarcasm or biting humor. There’s a little truth behind every joke.
6. You appreciate your partner outside of the relationship
7. Your partner is still the first person you call with important news
8. You still want to protect your partner from others
If it is worth saving, here are some ideas to get the spark back...
- Go on spontaneous dates often
- Handwrite a love letter
- Run a bath for your partner
- Recreate the first date
- Plan a vacation to a place you both have wanted to go
- Turn off technology, sit in the middle of the floor, and talk, but really listen
- Get dressed up and cook at home, then help each other undress for dessert
For more tips and check out Very Well Mind!