1 Missouri University Named Among The Top 50 In The U.S.
By Sarah Tate
March 22, 2023
According to the report, the site "[assessed] bachelor's degree-granting institutions on 17 measures of academic quality" to determine its list of the best colleges for 2022-2023. Several Ivy League schools top the list, including Princeton University claiming the No. 1 spot, but plenty of public and private colleges and universities also found a spot on the list. So which college in the Show-Me State snagged a place in the Top 50?
Washington University in St. Louis
Washington University in St. Louis tied with Rice University in Houston, Texas, for No. 15 overall. According to U.S. News & World Report, the private college was founded in 1853, has an undergraduate enrollment of around 8,000 and an acceptance rate of 13%.
These are the Top 20 universities in the country, according to the report:
- Princeton University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- TIED: Harvard University, Stanford University, Yale University
- University of Chicago
- TIED: Johns Hopkins University, University of Pennsylvania
- California Institute of Technology
- TIED: Duke University, Northwestern University
- Dartmouth College
- TIED: Brown University, Vanderbilt University
- TIED: Rice University, Washington University in St. Louis
- Cornell University
- TIED: Columbia University, University of Notre Dame
- TIED: University of California (Berkeley), University of California (Los Angeles)
Check out the full report to see U.S. News & World Report's picks for the top universities in the country.