Gratitude Radio: Frontline Dedications presented by EXTRA® gum
April 27, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
What is EXTRA® gum doing to help during the COVID-19 crisis?
EXTRA® gum created "A Call for EXTRA® Dedications" in partnership with iHeartRadio to help give those of us at home a new way to share our gratitude with those going above and beyond during the fight against COVID-19. This platform allows people to submit a song dedication and personalized message of appreciation by calling 1-844-GIV-EXTRA, which will then be broadcasted on Gratitude Radio presented by EXTRA® gum, a station on iHeartRadio.
What is the EXTRA® gum "A Call for EXTRA® Dedications?"
EXTRA® gum's "A Call for EXTRA® Dedications" platform is meant to help people show their gratitude to those going above and beyond in the fight against COVID-19. Consumers can submit a song dedication and message of appreciation by calling 1-844-GIV-EXTRA, which will then be broadcasted on Gratitude Radio presented by EXTRA® gum, a station on iHeartRadio.
Why is EXTRA® gum getting involved at this time? What does this have to do with gum?
EXTRA® gum believes when you give more, you get so much in return. And now, more than ever, people are stepping up to make a meaningful impact in their communities in the fight against COVID-19. To give those of us at home a new way to share our gratitude with those giving more on the frontlines, EXTRA® gum created "A Call for EXTRA® Dedications" in partnership with iHeartRadio.
How do I submit a dedication?
You can dedicate a song and record a message of thanks by calling 1-844-GIV-EXTRA.
What are you doing with the dedications?
Dedications will be broadcasted across iHeartRadio platforms and may be shared on the EXTRA® gum social channels along with an illustrated photo of the dedicator and dedicatee (upon participant's permission for use).
How will I know if my dedication will be featured on the EXTRA® gum social channels?
We’ll reach out to those selected to secure permission to use their dedication on the EXTRA® gum social channels.
Where can I hear my dedication?
You can hear your song dedication on Gratitude Radio presented by EXTRA® gum, a station on iHeartRadio, which is available on the desktop browser and app.
What if the recipient doesn’t hear my song dedication? Will iHeartRadio replay it?
Song dedications will be broadcasted on rotation on Gratitude Radio presented by EXTRA® gum, a station on iHeartRadio. Keep checking back to hear yours!
EXTRA® Dedications Submission Terms and Conditions
1. By participating in the EXTRA® Dedications Program ("Program"), you fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Terms and Conditions ("Terms") and any terms that apply to the Program.
2. Submission Period: Submit your dedication to the Program starting April 28, 2020 at 12:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") and ending May 24, 2020 at 11:59 PM ET (the "Submission Period"), by calling 1-844-GIV-EXTRA and recording a dedication, starting with your name, then the first name of who you’re dedicating a song to, and why you're honoring them ("Dedication"). iHeartMedia and Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC ("Mars Wrigley") (iHeartMedia and Mars Wrigley each a "Sponsor", and collectively "Sponsors") may select certain Dedications be broadcast and otherwise used by iHeartMedia and Mars Wrigley in any media and for any other purpose without any limitations or compensation.
3. DEDICATION Guidelines: Dedications you submit to Sponsors in connection with the Program must meet the following guidelines:
a. Dedication cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity;
b. Dedication cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs or medicinal/prescription drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
c. Dedication cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
d. Dedication cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about a Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
e. Dedication cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind other than Sponsors, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names of third-parties, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
f. Dedication cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission;
g. Dedication cannot contain materials embodying the full names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission;
h. Dedication cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsors wishes to associate; and
i. Dedication cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
BY SUBMITTING A DEDICATION, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR DEDICATION MAY BE USED ON SPONSORS' WEBSITE(S) AND SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS IN EACH SPONSORS' DISCRETION. Sponsors reserve the right to, and may or may not, monitor/screen Dedications prior to use. By submitting a Dedication, you acknowledge that Sponsors have no obligation to use or post any Dedication you submit.
By submitting a Dedication you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has no previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (e) that you have obtained permission from a person whose name, likeness or voice is used in the Dedication (if any) and (f) and that publication of the Dedication via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on any third party rights. Participant is responsible for their own security and privacy settings on social media, including with respect to use of your name and other personal information. Any such participant will indemnify and hold harmless Sponsors, their respective agencies, agents, contractors, and employees (together, "Program Entities") from any claims to the contrary. You agree to provide all information and documents necessary to verify any of the terms herein, including signed release(s).
You hereby waive in favor of Sponsors, all rights of "Droit Moral" or "Moral Rights of Authors" or any similar rights or principles of law that you may now or later have to your Dedication. Sponsors reserve the right to alter, change or modify the Dedication, in its sole discretion.Upon request of Sponsors, you shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment as may be solely deemed by Sponsors reasonably necessary to establish a license to the Dedication and of the copyrights transferred and "Moral Rights of Authors" waived under these Terms. Should Sponsors fail to request the foregoing, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsors' rights and Sponsors may at a later time request the assignment.
By submitting a Dedication, you agree that your Dedication is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsors under any obligation, that Sponsors are free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Dedication on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Dedication, Sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsors, or developed by their respective employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
4. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, you grant Sponsors and/or their respective designees the right to use the audio recording of your Dedication including your statements and name as contained therein for advertising, publicity, promotional and other purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Program Entities are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, stolen, misdirected, undelivered or garbled Dedications; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable telecommunications, mobile, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Program, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Program or in any Program-related materials. Program Entities are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Program. Program Entities are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer or phone related to or resulting from participating in this Program. Sponsors reserve the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Program for any reason.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By submitting a Dedication, you agree to indemnify and hold Program Entities harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, damages, costs or expenses brought against or suffered or incurred by the Program Entities, or any of them, arising out of or in connection with the your participation in this Program, any breach of the foregoing warranties or agreements or the use, in whole or in part, by any Program Entity of any Dedication (or portion thereof) submitted by the you in this Program. By participating, you agree to these Terms, which are final and binding in all respects.
6. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms or the rights and obligations of participants or Sponsors in connection with the Program shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to any other conflicts of law principles. All participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Cook County, Illinois.
7. SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Terms are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
iHeartMedia, 20880 Stone Oak Pkwy, San Antonio, Texas 78258
Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC, 800 High Street, Hackettstown, New Jersey 07840