Greg and Jenny are elementary instructional coaches in Iowa. Join them as they discuss topics of importance in education around teacher leadership, student achievement, best practices, climate and culture, and school leadership. For show resources and listener mail please visit www.instructionalcoachingcorner.com... Show More
Its late October which could only mean it is time for our annual spooky story. Dim the lights, lock the doors, and enjoy a bit of short horror fiction on us. This year's story 'The Petting Zoo' is written by Peter de Niverville who also gave us permission to share it. Enjoy!
Teams are an essential part of our schools and really any organization. Truth is though we often don't function as teams as well as we would like. In this series we try to give tips and pointers to building strong and functioning teams.
The first step to improvement or growth is often acknowledging that we need to improve and grow. At some point you have to say "That wasn't good enough" join Greg and Jenny as they dive into this often tough but beneficial statement.
Self-care...the word can often bring an eye roll or gripe. However, if we aren't careful especially in these times we are going to find ourselves burnt out running on the hamster wheel of life. Join Greg and Jenny as they take a simple dive into self-care...
The 19-20 school year has certainly been the strangest one in our lives. We met with students for 73% of the year while the other 27% was spend in shutdown due to Covid-19. Join Jenny and Greg as they discuss some reflections from the year.
Have you ever been asked how your weekend was and responded that it was busy? No worries we do all the time as well. In this episode Jenny and Greg dive into additional phrases and words that we can use in place of busy.
The word meeting doesn't typically have the best vibe. It is a word that often brings boredom and dread, but it doesn't have to be this way. In fact, it shouldn't as meetings are one of the most important things a coach does. Listen to hear Greg and Jenny's thoughts on meetings. Resource: Death by Meeting, Patrick Lencioni
We are in the midst of a global pandemic and lives are both being lost and turned upside down. Through all the dread though there are things we can learn to lead us to a better normal. Listen to hear Jenny and Greg's thoughts on getting to a new normal.
We apologize a lot out of respect for people's time. Have you heard, "Hey sorry to bother you?" Nothing really to apologize for. Join Greg and Jenny as they dig into this idea. Sit back and enjoy this minicast.
As many schools across the country close for social distancing efforts to stop the spread of Covid-19 educators are still finding ways to connect with their students. Listen to hear how some connection is still taking place and how we can be resilient when we finally have students back in school.
During the Covid-19 shutdown of 2020 parents, teachers, and students have all found themselves at home. Join Greg, Jenny, and some special little guests as they give you an update on what they have been up to during these unprecedented times.
Join Greg and Jenny as they kick back and dig into some concepts from one of Jon Gordon’s books ‘The Power of a Positive Team’ We have all been on teams and we know when we are on a good team and when we are not. Join us as we talk about what makes a positive team.
Join Greg and Jenny as they dive into the concept around the word meraki. This concept changes the way we approach the teams we are on and the things we do. Enjoy or latest episode in the Greek word suite :).
Join Jenny and Greg as they sit down with the whole Western Dubuque Instructional Coach team and talk through quotes, advice, and reflections leading into 2020. There are a lot of great insights in this one. Enjoy!
Join Greg and Jenny as they sit down with Dr. Jan Richardson to discuss the power of word work in guided reading. We reference Jan's new word work book which can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/Next-Step-Forward-Study-Phonics/dp/1338562592/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=H99G78GDA5IA&keywords=jan+richardson+word+study+and+phonics&qid=1579609641&sprefix=jan+richar%2Caps%2C254&a...
We honor Black History Month by highlighting shows that explore icons, change-makers, the history of civil rights, and overall Black voices. Enjoy a moving and inspirational group of podcasts that will expand your knowledge of Black History.…