A fun beer podcast from the nation's best craft beer news, review and event info site. Whether it be shop talk or an interview with an important member of the beer industry, you will enjoy this show.
- Edgar getting laid off from his day job.
- How Edgar flurished during the pandemic here in Southern California.
- Hosting virtual events with BeerAdvocate.
- Continuing can collabs.
- Planning the next phases of BeerThugLife.
- Self distributing BTL beers.
- The Death Row Rec...
Danny and Andy reunite to talk beer as only they can and discuss the following:
- Danny's trip to Side Project Invitational.
- Andy's trip to Bistro IPA fest in Hayward, CA.
- Homebrew fest details.
- The very fluid Modern Times situation.
- Stone Brewing's debt situation.
- Stone Brewing / Molson Coors lawsuit.
Learn more about the 2022 Southern California Homebrewers Festival CLICK HERE
And much more!
We'd like to...
The Full Pint answered your questions live on Twitch the first weekend of April, dubbed MailbagMania. We also held a raffle and gave away some dope prizes. Items of discussion include:
- Cooking tri-tip.
- Distribution and expansion.
- Best club schwag experiences?
- Next Stone Greg type character?
- Is double decocted the new DDH?
- Craft lagers?
- Evil Twin
- $30 4 packs.
- Brut IPA
And tons more!
Follow our Twitch channel: https...
We are joined by Co-Founding Brewer of Great Notion Brewing, Andy Miller. We catch up with Andy and cover many topics inlcuding:
- Re-introducing the Great Notion 3.
- The story on how Great Notion formed.
- Wild early business meetings with Pauly.
- The early days of Great notion.
- The original plan.
- The PDX beer landscape prior to Great Notion and Modern Times.
- Being careful with fruit in beer.
- Did the recent ...
- Best non-adjunct barrel aged stout!
- West Coast Style?
- 12 vs 16 oz Cans?
- Glassware matters?
- Best city for beercation?
- Barrel aged beer's fad status?
- Milk tubes?
- Pliny The Younger's continued legacy?
- Lactose caus...
- Cellarmaker still feeling like the new kids.
- Cellarmaker in the context of other famous Bay Area breweries past and present.
- Connor choosing SF instead of LA to startup.
- Hop talk.
- Canning talk: freshness, can shock, etc.
- DDH, is it a gimmick?
- San Francisco Beer Week returns.
- RIP Marin ...
We are back with co-host Andy Carter, President of the California Home Brewers Association to discuss some of the latest important topics in craft beer including:
- The current chapter of the never ending can shortage.
- Rest in Peace Saint Archer.
- What is going on with Kings and Convicts?
- CANarchy's tradjectory over the past several years.
- CANarchy selling to Monster Beverage Corp.
- Brew Dog back in the news via the BBC...
We are joined by Matt Brynildson of Firestone Walker Brewing and Vinnie Cilurzo to talk about Pilsner and many other items including:
- What's the big idea here?
- STiVO pils and how it came to be.
- How this collab is different from the usual cool collabs.
- A refresher on PiVO Pilsner.
- A refresher on STS Pilsner.
- What pilsner means to the US drinker.
- The challenge in positioning pilsner as a great drink and not a cheap ...
We are finishing out 2021 with our forward looking 2022 Prediction Show! Andy and Danny discuss and predict on the following beer topics:
- Quick Green Flash / Sweetwater news.
- Reaction to 2020/2021 Direct-To-Consumer sales.
- Who will be the last big craft sale?
- Market consolodation?
- The next-gen beer gimmick.
- To-go packaging?
- Direction of NA beer.
- National alcohol laws.
And much more!We'd like to thank our sponso...
Andy and Danny are joined by longtime friend Doug Veliky, part time beer content creator, full time Chief Strategy Officer at Revolution Brewing where we take a look back at the year in beer. Items of discussion include:
- "Act 1 of COVID" behind us.
- The state of bottle shares.
- The state of festivals.
- RIP Falling Rock.
- The reckoning regarding beverage industry misconduct.
- Looking back on 2021 predictions.
- The ye...
We are joined by co-founder of Ogopogo Brewing, Jason De La Torre from San Gabriel, CA. We discuss many things including:
- Meeting Jason at The DRINKERS HALL OF FAME.
- The dive bar scene in the San Gabriel Valley.
- What does Ogopogo mean?
- How the brewery came to be.
- Jason's starts at Saint Archer and Golden Road Brewing working the lab.
- Other beer influcences.
- How was San Gabriel California picked.
- Diversity of the...
This week, we are joined by Alero of WARCLOUD Brewing. We sit down with Alero and discuss many things including:
- Who/what/why is WARCLOUD.
- Beginnings in homebrewing.
- Inspiration from commercial beers and brewers.
- The plan to open up a commercial brewery at the edge of Los Angles County.
- Experiennce doinng Barrel and Flow.
- The generosity and inspiraton of J. Wakefield Brewing.
- Deciding to have in house food versus food...
We are joined by Co-Host Andy and discuss many fun topical items about our life in beer, including:
- Pilsner Urquell influencing?
- Sierra Nevada Celebration - Bottles or Cans?
- Bell's Oberon franchise talk continues.
- Might Oberon be the next Voodoo Ranger (we talked about this before the sale lol)
- The big push for barrel aged beers, membership reups and Black Friday sales.
- Danny discusses his trip to Boston and Portlan...
We are joined by the famous father son duo Pat and Shawn behind Mcilhenney Brewing in Alpine, CA. We discuss the following:
- Waking up from a fever dream where Pat and Shawn lost their brewery in Alpine but then got it back in the end.
- Launching as Mcilhenny Brewing in the second half of the pandemic.
- The type of beers that made Pat and Shawn famous.
- What has changed for them in the last ten years in terms of business.
We are joined by co-host Andy Carter of the California Homebrewers Association where we dicuss many beer related topics including:
- Predictions prior to Untappd festival.
- Hop Season.
- US hop harvest explained.
- The hop selection process.
- Wet hopped /fresh hop beers.
- An update on Stone Brewing's hazy IPA endevours.
- Deschutes working mainstream crossover.
- Dogfish Head and Sam Adams talk.
- Always stout season?
On the heels of the 2021 Great American Beer Festival, we are joined by longtime friend and head brewer of Radiant Beer Co., Andrew Bell. We discuss many things including:
- Early days in college, homebrewing and trading on Ratebeer.
- Going to school for finance.
- Starting at The Bruery at the ground level.
- Getting chops to run a production brewery.
- The Dream Team forms Radiant Beer Co.
- Entering and winning at the 2021 Grea...
We are back with co-host Andy Carter as we discuss:
- The return of Oktoberfest / Märzen / Festbier offerings.
- The loyalty surrounding lovable seasonals.
- Ordering Monkish online.
- The most coveted trade item isn't beer.
- The Bell's Oberon franchise.
- Ripened Sour Ale?
And much much more!
We are joined by Barrel Manager at Firestone Walker, Eric Ponce. We talk about many things including:
- Partying with The Full Pint right before COVID.
- Taking time off of traveling.
- Inheriting FW Vintage barrel aged program years ago.
- Solving the problem of making these beers interesting again.
- Creating cocktail inspired beers from barrel aged vintage ale.
- Helldorado being a good canvas for experimental beers.
We are back with our co-host Andy Carter, where we chat about the lastest topics in craft beer including:
- Danny returns to beer after a year hiatus.
- Saison du Pont in cans??!!
- Hot take on Modern Times holding Nate Soroko fest.
- Falling Rock Tap House demise.
- Is it Hot Lager Summer?
And much more!
Our co-host Andy returns to the show as we talk about many of the hot topic swirling across the craft beer industry including:
- Things opening back up and what that looks like.
- BrewDog in the news for being a bad place to work.
- BrewDog's attempts to seem decent.
- Three Weaver's buy back.
- @BeerCruncher triggers Danny with beer / pro wrestling tweet.
- More talk about the "reckoning"
- A look at Tree House...
Current and classic episodes, featuring compelling true-crime mysteries, powerful documentaries and in-depth investigations.
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
It’s a lighthearted nightmare in here, weirdos! Morbid is a true crime, creepy history and all things spooky podcast hosted by an autopsy technician and a hairstylist. Join us for a heavy dose of research with a dash of comedy thrown in for flavor.
If you've ever wanted to know about champagne, satanism, the Stonewall Uprising, chaos theory, LSD, El Nino, true crime and Rosa Parks then look no further. Josh and Chuck have you covered.
Hosted by Laura Beil (Dr. Death, Bad Batch), Sympathy Pains is a six-part series from Neon Hum Media and iHeartRadio. For 20 years, Sarah Delashmit told people around her that she had cancer, muscular dystrophy, and other illnesses. She used a wheelchair and posted selfies from a hospital bed. She told friends and coworkers she was trapped in abusive relationships, or that she was the mother of children who had died. It was all a con. Sympathy was both her great need and her powerful weapon. But unlike most scams, she didn’t want people’s money. She was after something far more valuable.