Ad Chatter from Adpulp.com features ad news and know-how, plus interviews with prominent guests from the marketing, media, and advertising industries.
In this new episode of Ad Chatter, co-hosts Dan Goldgeier and David Burn chat with special guest, Maggie Windsor Gross, head of strategy at Deloitte Digital.
During this chat, Maggie explains 'BrandWorth', a new tool from her team that helps CMOs make better investments in brand marketing (and explain why it matters to the CFO and CEO).
"We believe that brand is a financial asset, not just a marketing asset," Maggie ...
In this episode, co-hosts Dan Goldgeier, Toby Donaldson, and David Burn chat about new work from Apple and Motel 6, plus a call to action from Rory Sutherland, another virtual Cannes, and the need for creatives to understand cryptocurrency.
This is a special edition of AdChatter where we introduce London-based brand strategist, Toby Donaldson to listeners, plus feature special guest, Silicon Valley entrepreneur Santi Bibiloni. Santi founded an eCommerce agency in Argentina when he was just 22 years old. The agency grew to be one of Argentina's fastest-growing companies.
Today, Santi is the founder and CEO of COR, a next-generation solution for creative and profe...
In this fun, informative, and optimistic episode of Ad Chatter, Dan Goldgeier speaks with featured guest, Deborah Morrison, Ph.D.
Morrison is the Carolyn Silva Chambers Distinguished Professor of Advertising at the University of Oregon. She’s also hard at work finishing her new book, “Brave Work in the Age of Climate Change.”
Her book takes one of the big topics of our day. Advertising is a business that promotes consumption and re...
In this episode, Dan Goldgeier and David Burn chat about Georgia's voter suppression laws and how big brands based in ATL like Coca-Cola and Delta are mostly "virtual signaling" in response.
We also discuss three new campaigns from Key Bank, Tide, and Nissan:
In this episode, Dan and David chat with John January, Co-CEO of Signal Theory with offices in Kansas City and Wichita.
John talks about his background growing up in western Kansas and how he arrived in the position he's in today, co-leading one of the top agencies in KCMO and the midwest.
John also shares stories about working through the pandemic and how his teams have adapted well to the challenges.
If you are ready to hear fr...
In this new episode of Ad Chatter, co-hosts Dan Goldgeier and David Burn discuss COVID's impact on Super Bowl LV.
Three of this season's Super Bowl ads, in particular, get a closer look:
2) Bud Light Seltzer Lemonade
Dan and David also discuss Facebook's obscene Q4 earnings.
In this first Ad Chatter episode of 2021, Dan Goldgeier and David Burn discuss some weighty topics, including:
- The TV ad onslaught during the Georgia Senate races
- SAG-AFTRA's call for a stop to all production in LA, bringing film and TV to another halt
- Many advertisers pull their budgets in the wake of last week's deadly riot at the US Capitol
- Twitter and Facebook finally do their jobs and cancel Don Trump's accoun...
In this episode of Ad Chatter, Dan Goldgeier talks with Gary Kroeger about his career experiences from “Saturday Night Live” to working as a Creative Director at an Iowa ad agency. Topics covered include:
In this episode of Ad Chatter, Dan Goldgeier and David Burn discuss three new ad campaigns and a bad case of virtue signaling. The topics covered, include:
- KFC's new soap opera on Lifetime is a classic advertising move from the fried chicken people
- Alaska Airlines "Safety Dance" flashes back to the 1980s
- The Year in Search year-end commercial from Google
- The North face refused to sell jackets to a Texas oil and gas ...
In this episode of Ad Chatter, Dan Goldgeier and David Burn discuss three new ad campaigns. The topics covered, include:
- Two new holiday spots from Gym Source and Looney Advertising in Montclair, NJ
- LiftMaster takes us back to *Ferris Bueller's Day Off* with the help of actor Alan Ruck (who played Cameron in the 1986 film)
- A magnificent new two-minute film from Beats by Dre that puts the problem of racism in America into con...
In this episode of Ad Chatter, Dan Goldgeier and David Burn discuss several new ad campaigns. Some of the topics covered, include:
- A shout out to our friends at BlackLabelBacon.com
- The difference between a Georgia Dawg and a U DUB Dawg
- Big John Cornyn's vulgar attack ads against MJ Hegar
- Rakuten's "Rocket Man" and the loss of original jingles
- The Global Oreo Vault for All Human Kind (sugar highs and endless con...
In this episode of Ad Chatter, Dan Goldgeier and David Burn discuss The Motel 6 incident and the damage being done in Dallas.
Some of the points covered, include:
- What is an Internal Creative Review?
- Does Motel 6 have a moral high ground to stand on?
- The problem with not knowing all the facts
- Why did the agency tell the client?
- UT considers dropping Stan's name from their school of advertising
- The culture of passivity a...
Special guest David Blain, president of Saxton Horne in Sandy, Utah, discusses the lost art of account service and much more. David is a natural storyteller. Tune in to this 30-minute episode to hear David Blain the Ad Magician share:
- What it was like to work "24-hours a day" on Intel in the 1990s
- His thoughts on new business and selling great work
- How his agency's automotive clients continue to sell cars during COVI...
In this special edition of Ad Chatter, Dan Goldgeier talks with legendary British Creative Director Steve Harrison. Topics include Steve’s new book, “Can’t Sell Won’t Sell,” groupthink in the ad industry, the difference between the “somewheres” and “anywheres,” where advertising recruits its talent, when it’s right to take on social causes, and why Sir Martin Sorrell might pull a Keith Richards and outlast us all.
In this edition of Ad Chatter, Dan Goldgeier and I discuss:
In this episode, Dan Goldgeier and David Burn discuss how the oil industry willfully deceived the American public for decades about the efficacy of plastics recycling; Ford Motors' and W+K's new flag-waving campaign (YOU-S-A!); Postmates' subliminal advertising spoofs; and a funny new campaign from the Texas Rangers.
Dan and David discuss the NFL's return, a new commercial for the National Restuarant Association, a new travel and tourism effort from the states of WY and SD, the value of a B Corporation, and Camp Jack, the new training program from Jack Morton.
We discuss four timely topics on this pilot episode:
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
This is what the news should sound like. The biggest stories of our time, told by the best journalists in the world. Hosted by Michael Barbaro. Twenty minutes a day, five days a week, ready by 6 a.m.
Current and classic episodes, featuring compelling true-crime mysteries, powerful documentaries and in-depth investigations.
If you've ever wanted to know about champagne, satanism, the Stonewall Uprising, chaos theory, LSD, El Nino, true crime and Rosa Parks then look no further. Josh and Chuck have you covered.
Take yourself back in time...back to high school. The ups and downs, the loves the losses, the struggles the triumphs, being together with your friends...feeling every emotion of it. Is 23 more than just a number to you? Do you respond to people by saying I don't wanna be anything other than what I've been trying to be lately? Do you expect to have life-changing moments while caught in the confetti or the rain? Are you One Tree Hill obsessed?...it's OK...we're here for you. You can sit with us. Are Brooke, Peyton and Haley your BFF goals? These Drama Queens are getting back together!! Bethany Joy Lenz, Hilarie Burton and Sophia Bush are the biggest Drama Queens and they are here with you to dissect every episode, deliver every detail you must know, and devote themselves to you as you rewatch every single scene together. Join Joy, Hilarie and Sophia each week. Relive it, Relove it, Rewatch it ...every One Tree Hill minute of it. Be a Drama Queen. Drama Queens, an iHeartRadio Podcast.