In this episode of Devo Talks, you'll get the opportunity to listen to an amazing interview on the topic of soft skills and emotional intelligence with Benoit Chalifoux. In this show, you'll learn what these skills are all about and how you can master them, so you can win in every aspect of your life. My guest, Benoit, is no stranger to the topic of soft skills. He is an internationally sought out speaker on motivation, sales, and cross-cultural management in the world of business in Canada, Africa, and Europe. He currently holds a position on the management faculty at the University of Quebec in Montreal (ESG UQAM) and is also the deputy director of international affairs. Over the years Benoit has developed over 80 partnership agreements with the world's most prestigious universities while also maintaining his passion for encouraging and supporting various start-ups. He holds an Executive Master in Business (EMBA) from the University of Paris Dauphine as well as a BAA and MBA from the University of Quebec in Montreal (ESG UQAM).
If you're watching on YouTube, be sure to like the video, subscribe, and share it. If you're listening via a podcasting app, please rate the show and subscribe to it as well.
- Introducing Benoit Chalifoux - 1:44
- Benoit's journey from soccer to soft skills - 2:22
- The importance of soft skills in business - 9:03
- How can we develop soft skills in our own lives - 11:50
- Soft skill: Empathy - 12:57
- Soft skill: Communication - 13:52
- Soft skill: Self-Control - 14:52
- Soft skill: Kindness - 15:34
- Soft skill: Self-Discipline - 15:55
- Soft skill: Motivation - 22:05
- Three skills to empower those on your team - 24:10
- Soft skill: Self-Awareness - 25:38
- Soft skill: Social-Awareness - 29:10
- How to step out of your comfort zone - 32:20
- Final words of wisdom to encourage - 39:14
- How to connect with Benoit - 41:48
GUEST CONTACT INFO
ABOUT DEVO TALKS
Devo Talks is devoted to sharing the latest advances, ideas, and trends in the world of business, technology, and cybersecurity. It also provides a platform for tech professionals, entrepreneurs, and IT influencers to share some of their stories, experiences, and insights with the rest of the world.
Devo Talks is made ad-free as a result of the generous and kind support from its sponsor, Devolutions Inc.
- YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfidkb9pPIfIQRjFYIU9EiGIsLGcGDo0E
- Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/devo-talks/id1482122818
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/34t7kS3sinxYesqqXDdLek
- Google Podcast: https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5idXp6c3Byb3V0LmNvbS82MzYyMjYucnNz
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/devo-talks
- iHeart Radio: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/269-devo-talks-51006225/
- TuneIn + Alexa: https://tunein.com/podcasts/Technology-Podcasts/Devo-Talks-p1254447/
- RSS Feed: https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/636226.rss
SOCIAL MEDIA OUTL
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
Bob Saget's Here For You
BOB SAGET’S HERE FOR YOU is a podcast that is like no other— For one, this podcast has guests who are friends of Bob’s, or just really interesting people who many of you know and love. Secondly, this podcast is unique because it goes inside Bob Saget’s mind, and then quickly filters out through his mouth. Bob has a way of calming people he has conversations with as well as being entertaining and often informative. Bob talks with his guests with genuine empathy and humor, while reaching his unusually diverse audience that he talks to as a friend, Bob is the dad with great advice, the irreverent funny guy who’s always there when you need a laugh, and the free-associative Bob who goes off on crazy tangents then returns to the subject at hand, as serious or as comedic as it may be, to wrap up each episode in a way only Bob can do. Because he really does believe, “He’s here for you."
Current and classic episodes, featuring compelling true-crime mysteries, powerful documentaries and in-depth investigations.