Welcome to The Inside Out Wellness Podcast! Where health-craving yet life-juggling women come for a fresh perspective on creating a healthier MIND so you can build your healthiest SELF... even if you think it's too late! Corporate working mom and Duke Health certified wellness counselor Katie Hardy of @WholeHardy and WholeHardy.com serves up practical, simple and effective tools all about empowered eating, easy mind care, time-saving workouts, family meals and so much more.Tired of feeling like you need to give up carbs, sugar and booze forever and workout 7 days a week for 60 minutes a pop?Ready to say "peace out" to deprivation diets, insane workouts, and awkward meditations - all of which don't make you feel any better?Want to FEEL AWESOME for the majority of minutes in your life?Want to confidently create & consistently show up for a Total Wellness Lifestyle based on YOUR personality, schedule, and goals?Then let's go! Tune in each week to hear Katie share realistic and life-changing perspective shifts & practices that she uses as a sought-after Mind-Body Breakthrough Coach - all while juggling work, kids, marriage, friendships, passions, and more. Along with sharing her best kept secrets, she interviews the best in the industry who will share their secrets to help you get inspired, and tackle your biggest goals in the *Total Wellness Trifecta* of Food, Fitness and Focus. What do you say? Are you in? Because at WholeHardy Health, LLC - we believe that wellness doesn’t have to feel like work, but it does need to happen from the inside out.
058. Stop making this biggest eating habit mistake.
What's the mistake? Not acknowledging how your personality impacts your eating patterns.
What does that mean? Instead of leveraging the superpowers of your personality, you're letting your antihero take control and reverse all of your health efforts.
How do you fix it? Listen to our 3-part series called "Tips For Your Type: Optimal Eating Habits a...
057. Your inherent character eats in certain ways.
And learning how you eat now and what's actually best for your personality will unlock optimal freedom in your get-healthy action plan for life.
So we're kicking off a 3-part series called "Eat For Your Enneagram Type: Optimal Food Choices & Eating Habits Specific To Your Personality."
Part 1: Eating in the Gut/Anger Triad
• Type 8: Chal...
056. Personality Wellness 101: Your inherent character eats in certain ways.
Learning how you eat now and what's best for your Type will unlock optimal freedom in your get-health action plan for life.
So we're kicking off a 3-part series called - Eat For Your Enneagram Type: Optimal Food Choices & Eating Habits Specific To Your Personality
Part 1: Eating in the Gut/Anger Triad
• Type 8: Chall...
055. If you do it right, working remote is the most powerful asset for your health.
But the truth is, most people have no idea how to leverage it for their wellbeing.
Today you're getting 4 Work Remote Health Hacks, each jam-packed full of detail and suggestions.
As you hear me repeatedly say: 2 different people approach the same exact health plan in 2 totally d...
054. Everyone has one core vice that sabotages their health efforts.
These "sins" are fixations that drive your behavior. And if you're trying to take healthier action, you need to learn what this habit is and recognize how often you give it power.
Today, we’re getting a little cringe.
We're digging into the vices, temptations, or sins of each Enneagram number and how the source of these habits can comple...
053. 100 days ago, I stopped drinking alcohol.
It's part of a yearlong personal health experiment I'm calling #BoozeFree23.
Last week, during my first ever non-alcoholic spring break, I reflected on the biggest insights I've uncovered over the past 100 days.
And today, I dish 'em all out.
Like weekly reminders to help you stick to YOUR personal wellness goals?
Then you'll love the Self Healt...
052. Ever think "helping" could be a toxic trait?
If you're sacrificing your own health and generating anxiety over aiming to please, worse than toxic, it can be deadly.
Enneagram Type 2 (aka "The Helper") is a personality type that often falls into the People-Pleasing category. They love to love, and more importantly, to be loved.
While kindness wins in this world, the motivations behind it can caus...
051. When it comes to wellness & weight loss, everyone and their mom has an opinion on what works. But too many of these theories and assumptions are actually health lies in disguise.
To help you navigate, start by avoiding these 5 health lies so you can stay focused, act smart, and work better.
Resources in today's episode:
Free Weekly Newsletter: Self Health
Book: Sugar, Salt, Fat: How the Foo...
050. After 50 episodes of The Inside Out Wellness Podcast and reviewing the analytics, I've learned what health seekers need help with most.
Today I give the top 3 downloaded topics with brief outlines and episode numbers.
Join 1,300+ subscribers getting one personality-based wellness tip every Wednesday in the Self Health Weekly Newsletter: https://wholehardy.com/newsletter
Episodes referenced in this show: <...
049. In order to create a healthier body, you must first create a healthier mind. And for Enneagram 3 Achievers, that can mean a big shift.
Being “the best” at any one thing is a scam. And with work & wellness specifically, it can become an internal attack of comparisonitis for Enneagram 3 Achiever/Performers.
Nevertheless, for our leader overachievers, it’s be the best or bust. And there ain't nuthin wrong with those striv...
048. Two different people approach the same health plan in two different ways.
That's why the Inside Out Wellness Podcast and Self Health weekly newsletter give you guidance on personality-based wellness. Not the one-size-fits-all stuff.
Delivered Wednesdays ... when that #MondayMotivation starts to fizzle.
This week's focus:
Wellness for Perfectionists: 5 Tips for Enneagram 1s To Stick to ...
047. Sober curious is more than just a movement. It just might save your life. Today we discuss the scary side of light-to-moderate drinking.
If you're like the millions of Americans questioning how alcohol effects your body, you're in the right place. This week's Wednesday Wellness Wisdom digs into it.
Specifically: 5 Ways Booze Destroys Your Health (And Makes You Less Productive)
046. Over the past 30 years of researching and experimenting with wellness plus 4 years as a certified wellness coach and fitness instructor, this is the single most important lesson I've learned about consistency:
It is primarily based on your personality.
Today's episode explains why PLUS gives you a 5-step framework for building your customizing your Enneagram Type your Personal Wellness System.
045. Becoming your healthiest isn't about being given a magical unicorn diet and fitness plan. It's about knowing the motivations behind your behaviors.
That's why I'm so obsessed with the Enneagram—an ancient personality type system with uncanny accuracy in describing how humans are wired.
Sure, go commit to another September Whole30 or 21 Day Fix, but when you only last 10 days (or shucks, even just 4 hours) yo...
44. We're starting a new weekly series here at WholeHardy Health called "This Week's Wellness."
Every Sunday, Katie will be going live on Instagram and Facebook to discuss 3 things:
1. Workouts for the week ahead
2. Dinners for the week ahead
3. Wellness wisdom from the week prior
If you join live, you'll get to ask your questions and share what works for you for planning...
043. As the holidays are upon us, this week's episode is dedicated to booze & bloat ... because I notice firsthand that when I booze ... I bloat.
We detail out 4 ways that booze effects your body:
Note: This isn't a PSA to stop drinking. This is a PSA to help you think through what makes you feel awesome, and...
042. When it comes to feeding your family dinner every night ... do you feel like it's a losing battle? Perhaps you *buy* some healthy veggies and other foods to whip something up on a Wednesday night ... but do you always *cook* said purchased vegetables?
If you're in this boat sometimes, you're not alone. I've been right there with ya. But now I've got a solution. Tune in and see if this will wor...
41. On today's show, we get into the great debate about weight. If you're like most women, you EITHER wholeheartedly believe that your weight or size does not determine your worth, lovability or happiness OR you deeply feel that if you were able to lose those first 5 pounds, it would give you proof, hope, and confidence that you could take the bold action you've been hesitating to take.
Listen in to learn wh...
40. On today's show, we welcome functional medicine nutritionist, Ayurvedic counselor, and Yoga Nidra meditation teacher Nimisha Gandhi!
In Nimisha’s private practice, Moon Cycle Nutrition, she specializes in reproductive, fertility, pregnancy, and postpartum care with an emphasis on the mind, body, and soul. Nimisha combines functional medicine nutrition with ancient Ayurvedic principles to help her clients find dee...
39. Get ready for this one, sister. If you are D.O.N.E. with feeling like there are always pounds to lose, calories to burn, people to please, or mass-made methods to follow ... then you might be on board with my vision for how I see women thinking, feeling, serving, and THRIVING in this world today, and for generations to come.
And if you ARE picking up what I'm putting down here, click the link below to be part of ...
Current and classic episodes, featuring compelling true-crime mysteries, powerful documentaries and in-depth investigations.
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
In order to tell the story of a crime, you have to turn back time. Every season, Investigative journalist Delia D'Ambra digs deep into a mind-bending mystery with the hopes of reigniting interest in a decades old homicide case.
It’s a lighthearted nightmare in here, weirdos! Morbid is a true crime, creepy history and all things spooky podcast hosted by an autopsy technician and a hairstylist. Join us for a heavy dose of research with a dash of comedy thrown in for flavor.
Unforgettable true crime mysteries, exclusive newsmaker interviews, hard-hitting investigative reports and in-depth coverage of high profile stories.