Welcome to NPI Tech Guys, your go-to radio show for cutting-edge Managed IT Services! Are you tired of unresponsive, slow service from your current IT provider? Discover a world where network security, data protection, and expert support come together seamlessly. Stay tuned to learn how to transform your IT experience and never worry about downtime again! Call us at 866-986-NEWS and let's make IT great together!
* Lucid Motors plans to build just 9,000 electric vehicles in 2024, only 500 to 1,000 more than it made in 2023, as it struggles with demand for its luxury sedans. If it sticks to that number, that means Lucid will wind up building around 10% of the 90,000 EVs it predicted it could make - TechCrunch.com
* Mercedes-Benz on Thursday walked back plans to have an all-electric line-up by 2030 as consumers decline to adopt electric vehicl...
How good is your computer use policy?
What constitutes a good computer use policy for your business?
How often should a compliance policy be reviewed and updated?
What role does employee training play in maintaining compliance?
Can technology automate compliance policy enforcement?
What are the common pitfalls in compliance policies that businesses should avoid?
How can businesses ensure their compliance policies are aligned with interna...
Compliance: Could You Pass an Audit Today?
* Sam and Neuman CSO of Network Providers, Inc. Discuss Company Wide Security.
NPI offers a free consult and plan for IT Compliance.
What is a table top discussion
Can you explain the basics of compliance and why it's critical for businesses?
What is the compliance that I am looking for in my line of business
What are the most common compliance standards that businesses need to be aware of?
* Even Retailers Are Fed Up With Self-Checkout Automated kiosks double theft rates, among other issues - Gina Carey.
Self-checkout machines aren't only annoying customers, Quartz reports, as a growing number of large retailers have begun rethinking the costly tech.
Last year, companies like Target, Walmart, Dollar General, and British grocer Booths have pared down (and in some cases eliminated) how the automated systems work in their...
* Apple Vision Pro available in the U.S. on February 2.
* Apple Vision Pro: 7 Things to Know Before You Buy - Will Greenwald, PCMag.com
* ICANN proposes creating .INTERNAL domain to do the same job as 192.168.x.x! - The plan is to keep the world at bay by never recording it in the DNS root – like many already do with a subdomain for an intranet - Simon Sharwood.
ICANN's board still has to sign off the creation of .INTERNAL. But if you...
* Krebs on Security: Google continues to struggle with cybercriminals running malicious ads on its search platform to trick people into downloading booby-trapped copies of popular free software applications.
The malicious ads, which appear above organic search results and often precede links to legitimate sources of the same software, can make searching for software on Google a dicey affair.
* We Suggest Using: VirusTotal.com
* Water ...
* Sam undergoes Artificial Cervical Disc Replacement Surgery On His Neck. We discussed the Incredible Advancements in Tech in the Medical Field.
* SpaceX launches first batch of direct-to-cell Starlink satellites for testing this year.
T-Mobile Jumps in The Game as Well!
The company launched six Starlink satellites with this capability with a batch of 15 other Starlink birds aboard a Falcon 9 rocket.
The approval, which was granted by the US Federal Communications Commission, was for a 180-day period.
SpaceX said the tests would eventually involve 840 satellites transmitting 4G...
* INCOGNITO BUT NOT VERY PRIVATE — Chrome updates Incognito warning to admit Google tracks users in “private” mode - Jon Brodkin
Google is updating the warning on Chrome's Incognito mode to make it clear that Google and websites run by other companies can still collect your data in the web browser's semi-private mode.
The change is being made as Google prepares to settle a class-action lawsuit that accuses the firm of privacy violati...
* How to Be More Anonymous Online - Being fully anonymous is next to impossible—but you can significantly limit what the internet knows - Matt Burgess.
* Google Launches Plan to Kill (Non-Edible) Cookies Initiative to eliminate third-party trackers online begins with test of 1% of Chrome users - John Johnson.
If you are a Chrome user who gets a pop-up from Google on Thursday, it's likely a sign that you're part of the first phase of ...
* American teenager named Willis Gibson, aka BlueScuti - Why Everyone Is Obsessed With the Kid Who Beat 'Tetris' - Angela Watercutter.
How do you Actually Win Tetris? By forcing the more than three-decade-old classic Nintendo video game into a "kill screen."
* Microsoft wants to add a Copilot key to your PC keyboard.
Microsoft Copilot - Microsoft would like 2024 to be the “year of the AI PC,”
MS announced a new key for Copilot — that i...
* Sam's Tech Goals for 2024 - 'Operation Tech Simplify'!
* New And Urgent Bank Account Fraud Alert!
The infamous Xenomorph Android malware, known for targeting 56 European banks in 2022, is back and in full force targeting US banks, financial institutions and cryptocurrency wallets.
Besides being alert to this scam (and you should let your spouse, partners and family know as well), you should be aware of a few ways to protect yourself...
* LITIGATION Apple Can Resume Selling Watches, a Court Allows. Apple can, for now, resume sales of its flagship smartwatches, after a US appeals court on Wednesday paused a government commission's import ban on the devices imposed in a patent dispute over its medical monitoring technology.
* CES 2024: What we’re expecting - TechCrunch.
CES runs January 9-12 in Las Vegas.
Health tech will continue to be a big piece of the puzzle.
* macOS Update 17.2.1 - update your Apple computer.
* The big security flaw is a Screen Sharing flaw that lets a person connected to your computer see the screen when they should not.
* As a practice Apple does not disclose security exploits - Call it security through obscurity – it’s a garbage idea and doesn't work.
* Consider Bitdefender. Grab a copy from Amazon.
* Also, you should probably dump Safari At all the security hacking con...
* Undersea-Aged Champagne Is Starting to Surface.
* Facebook Marketplace Is Being Ruined by Zelle Scammers - Amanda Hoover.
* Hackers Offering Fake Free Kindle eBooks To Hack Amazon Accounts.
* Several companies are putting data centers underwater. Are these submerged data centers just a novelty -- or is data management really better down where it’s wetter? - Richard Pallardy.
* Microsoft staged the first large-scale underwater data center experiment beginning in 2015 Called Project Natick initiative.
The inert gases and liquids used to fill underwater data centers are less corrosive than ambient air.
* Would you live in t...
* Gift card scams 2023: What to know about 'card draining' and other schemes to be aware of - Mary Walrath-Holdridge, USA Today.
Don't get duped out of your gift-buying money this holiday season.
Even the most tech and street-savvy of us can easily fall victim to these schemes if we aren't paying close attention.
Card draining "Card draining" is a popular scam that leaves gift card purchasers with an empty balance despite having paid ...
* Cyber Security Tip: What is the “dark web” anyway?
The “dark web” or “deep web” is a part of the World Wide Web we know and love that is accessible only via a special software that allows users and website operators to remain completely anonymous and untraceable. That’s why it’s the playground for hackers, cybercriminals, drug deals, human trafficking and more.
Because hacking is a for-profit business, there are criminal entities t...
* Amazon will no longer accept Venmo as a payment option starting next month - However, Will still accept Venmo debit and credit cards.
* Sam and Jay discuss Credit Cards, High Tech Payment Methods and More!
* Police Issue Warning to Parents About New iPhone Feature - Jack Davis.
Police agencies around the country are issuing warnings to parents about the new NameDrop feature in iOS 17 and the potential that a new iPhone software feat...
* Sam Has An Idea? - Imagine that!
* Genetic testing company 23andMe announced that hackers accessed around 14,000 customer accounts in the company’s recent data breach - In a new filing with the US SEC.
* Most Common Passwords Take a Second to Crack.
Current and classic episodes, featuring compelling true-crime mysteries, powerful documentaries and in-depth investigations.
Open Source bi-weekly conversation with Brad Gerstner (@altcap) & Bill Gurley (@bgurley) on all things tech, markets, investing & capitalism
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
If you've ever wanted to know about champagne, satanism, the Stonewall Uprising, chaos theory, LSD, El Nino, true crime and Rosa Parks, then look no further. Josh and Chuck have you covered.
The World's Most Dangerous Morning Show, The Breakfast Club, With DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious And Charlamagne Tha God!