Bonnie J. Kaplan, Ph.D. & Julia J. Rucklidge, Ph.D.: “Our brains are set up to require roughly 30 micronutrients: 15 minerals and 15 vitamins.”
Kaplan and Rucklidge, leading scientists and co-authors of The Better Brain, join mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss how your food affects your stress, plus:
- What we’re still getting wrong about nutrition & brain health
- The best supplements for mental health
- How a vegan diet affects your brain
- The connection between psychobiotics & depression
- How to use food to enhance your emotional resilience
Referenced in the episode:
- Kaplan & Rucklidge's book, The Better Brain.
- Scott Anderson, John Cryan, Ph.D., and Ted Dinan, M.D., Ph.D.'s book, The Psychobiotic Revolution.
- Rucklidge's study of micronutrients to treat stress and anxiety from the Christchurch earthquakes.
- Rucklidge's comprehensive review on psychobiotics.
- Rucklidge's research on ADHD and emotion dysregulation.
- SUN study in Spain on the Mediterranean diet and depression.
Enjoy this episode sponsored by smartwater! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: email@example.com.