Cody Alan's Last-Minute Getaways (That Won't Break The Bank)
By Lauryn Snapp
July 4, 2019
Maybe you are a procrastinator, maybe you hit it on a scratch off, or perhaps you are just ready to get away for a week?
Just in time for vacation, Cody Alan has 5 last-minute summer vacation spots to share that won't break the bank.
5 Last-Minute Summer Vacation Ideas:
1. Oklahoma City: The weekly average cost to stay in OHHHHKLAHOMA city is roughly $931 per person and includes hotels and meals. Oklahoma City offers a variety of things to see and do, including zip lining, white water rafting, Oklahoma National Memorial and Museum, as well as, the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum.
2. Mobile, Alabama: $1019 per week. Talk about fair prices for a beach getaway! Traveling with someone who is feeling salty over being by the ocean? That's OK! Also visit the USS Alabama Ship, Alligator Alley, or try out the seafood delicacies available.
3. Lexington, Kentucky: When your hotel cost is less than $50 a day, you can certainly stretch your dollar in horse country. Kentucky Horse Park offers visitors the opportunity to see 50 breeds of horses on 1200 rolling acres of the most beautiful bluegrass pastures. Oh, and did we mention that there is bourbon? Grab a designator driver and check out the Kentucky Bourbon Trail.
4. Little Rock, Arkansas: Pack your bags now, before for an average of $1033 per week adventurers can experience the sights from hiking trails, rest their weary bones in the finest hot springs, scope out Pinnacle Mountain State Park, and visit the Presidential Library of former President Bill Clinton?
5. Orlando, Florida: For the third year in a row, Orlando is the most affordable travel destination. While Disney prices may not be as budget-friendly as families would hope, they can be easily offset by the hotel, meal, and activity costs. Try the Kennedy Space Center, visit the Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens, and spend the day at the beach.
Photo Credit: CMT Radio.