Tory Lanez Seeks Right To Speak About Megan Thee Stallion Assault Case

By Peyton Blakemore

January 27, 2021

Tory Lanez wants to publicly speak about his assault case involving Megan Thee Stallion.

According to Page Six, the Canadian rapper, who is accused of shooting Megan last summer, filed a motion on Tuesday (January 26) seeking to amend the terms of a protective order that is keeping him from publicly commenting on his ongoing case with the "WAP" rapper.

In court documents, obtained by the outlet, Tory's legal team claims the current order, which was issued back in November, is “significantly prejudicial” to Tory and “jeopardizes his right to a fair and judicial proceeding.” Tory's lawyers also noted that Megan is not subject to the terms of the protective court order, citing how vocal she has been about the case on social media.

“In contrast to Mr. Peterson’s silence, Megan [Pete] authored and posted six tweets to her 5.6 million Twitter followers in quick succession,” Lanez’s lawyers said in the motion on Tuesday, adding that the current order has prohibited the “Say It” rapper from responding.

In August, Megan named Tory as the person who shot her a month prior, following an alleged verbal disagreement inside a vehicle they were riding in. The “Body” rapper broke her silence on Instagram Live, claiming that the Canadian rapper opened fire as she tried to exit the vehicle they were sharing. “Yes, this n—a Tory shot me,” she said. “You shot me, and you got your publicist and your people to [talk to] these blogs, lying and sh–. Stop lying!”

Los Angeles County D.A.'s Office charged Tory, whose real name is Daystar Peterson, with the two felony charges in October. Tory, who has denied the allegations against him, was ordered to stay away from Megan. A protective order was later issued, prohibiting him from speaking about the case.

His lawyers also want the protective order lifted to “be able to freely discuss" new evidence that allegedly supports Tory's innocence and allegedly “contradicts” Megan’s statements. “This evidence — including gunshot residue implicating others — is mitigating, if not exculpatory, and casts serious doubt on the claims made by Megan [Pete],” the documents state, per Page Six. “In addition to the scientific evidence, the People are aware, witnesses who observed the alleged events also provide information that implicates others.”

Last week, Megan took to Twitter to respond to "fake news" that surfaced earlier in the day claiming she dropped the charges against Tory. "AT THIS POINT IM GETTING ANNOYED ! STOP BELIEVING EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE MF INTERNET," she tweeted. "Imagine how I feel waking every day seeing people LIE and turn my trauma into a joke ? That whole team figures out ways to create doubt with my story every week and the media eats it up."

Meg added, "Y’all can’t tell when sh*t fake news? Y’all still don’t see an ABUSER picking with me ? The first court date got pushed back bc of the inauguration but I can’t wait until the MF FACTS come out ! B*tch you shot me AND MY STORY NOT CHANGING AND B*TCH YOU GOING TO JAIL."

In November, Tory pleaded not guilty to one felony count each of assault with a semiautomatic firearm and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle. He faces up to 22 years and eight months in prison if convicted.

Tory's next court date is slated for February 25.

If you or someone you know have been affected by domestic abuse, please reach out: The National Domestic Violence Hotline http://thehotline.org 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)

Tory Lanez

Chat About Tory Lanez Seeks Right To Speak About Megan Thee Stallion Assault Case

Advertise With Us

For You

    Music, radio and podcasts, all free. Listen online or download the iHeartRadio App.

    Connect

    © 2021 iHeartMedia, Inc.