Celtics' Tristan Thompson Enters COVID-19 Protocols For Second Time

By Jason Hall

March 16, 2021

Boston Celtics forward Tristan Thompson has entered the NBA's COVID-19 health and safety protocols for the second time during the 2020-21 NBA season.

The Celtics confirmed Thompson would be absent for Tuesday (March 16) night's game against the Utah Jazz due to entering the health and safety protocols on their official Twitter account.

Boston also announced guard Romeo Langford would also be absent for Tuesday's game due to health and safety protocols.

Thompson had previously missed the Celtics' January 8 game against the Washington Wizards due to contact tracing and was among several Boston players, along with Jayson Tatum and Robert Williams, both of whom tested positive for COVID-19, whose absence forced the team to postpone three games due to falling short of the league's minimum requirements for active players.

“It’s a long process,” Tatum said earlier this year via Boston.com. “I’ve talked to guys, and they said it took months for them to kind of catch their breath, get their wind back and I’m kind of on the same track with that. I for sure feel better. I don’t necessarily feel the same as before I got it when I was playing. I definitely know there’s a difference, but I feel pretty good.

Thompson, who signed a two-year, $19 million contract to join the Celtics this past offseason, is averaging 7.9 points, 8.4 rebounds and 1.0 assist per game during the 2020-21 season.

Photo: Getty Images

Advertise With Us

For You

    Music, radio and podcasts, all free. Listen online or download the iHeart App.

    Connect

    © 2021 iHeartMedia, Inc.

    • Help
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Use
    • AdChoicesAd Choices